title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Resizeable forms . . . or DIE -- no joke

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yuki
    • Jun 2004

Resizeable forms . . . or DIE -- no joke

It's a nice player. And some of the skins are awesome. But NONE of the skins are resizeable. (Seems to go with skin "territory" and a lot of players for some unknown reason.)

Listen up guys . . .

People are migrating to flat panels. About half are already there, and the other half will follow soon. Flat panels are ONLY getting bigger, and they run at fixed native resolutions that are ONLY getting HIGHER as panel size increases.

I have a 19" Samsung, and of course it's native at 1280 x 1024. You do appreciate, I hope, how impossibly SMALL these skins look on my premium display??? A person would go blind rather quickly trying to see the controls, or the song titles, or album titles, or anything else related to these skins on my screen.

Nobody is going to put up with it, I guarantee you. Real Player's default skin is resizeable. WMP's is too, and even other skins for it are, too, I think.

Note: I don't give a flying crap how much incrementally better your player is than theirs, and nobody else does either, if we can't see the *&^$#* thing, clearly, and easily.

You folks are missing the forest for the trees.

In two or three years, CRTs are going to be in the Smithsonian for the most part. Sure, I can change the res on my *incredible* flat panel if I like, and look at the world through fuzz. Not gonna happen. The world is going to be running mostly at 1280 x 1024 OR HIGHER (1600 x 1200) real soon. These beautiful (and they are) skins you guys are cranking out are NEVER going to see the light of day. One look, and boom -- back to Real Player or WMP. Bye bye.

Has anyone here got a clue? You either design the skin engines to be forms that can be sized, or you might as well hang it up: you're finished in that case. Nobody is gonna be interested in this work down the road a bit.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but somebody seems to not be getting it.

Yuki
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Resizeable forms . . . or DIE -- no joke

Has anyone here got a clue?
    we sure do, but apparently you don't.

Comment

Working...

]]>