title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Please - a little complaint about the software after update to Release 2023-06-26

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krafty
    • Dec 2021

Please - a little complaint about the software after update to Release 2023-06-26

Hi Spoon and crew.

Long time no see here in this forum but I'm back today to just express a little thing.
    I updated my dBpowerAmp to the Release 2023-06-26. A minute later or 2 minutes, the operating system restarted without prompting.
    It was all weird because it restarted the computer with a lot of applications running, including important stuff (documents open and Java coding being done).
    So it restarted right away after the icon configuration and when I got back to the system, I went for the Even Viewer to check. Here we go: the installer called for a restart without any prompt. We gotta have this prompt so we are given a choice to restart later or right away.

Another thing is the Release Versioning that is more complicated now. Why just don't go back to Version 18 or 19.
    The whole R-date thing is hard to grasp...

Well. Thanks for reading.

Note: The attachment have portuguese strings. It basicall says: process 30FF.tmp-dMC-Ref-Registered-64bit__SPI_WIN64.exe (HOST) prompted a restart through user <USER>, for the following reason: A reason was not found for this restart. Type of termination: Restart. Comment: System Restarting Now.
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Please - a little complaint about the software after update to Release 2023-06-26

The installer on the last page would say "your system has to restart to finalize the install" have an option:

[x] Reboot system

in the list of actions, when the final OK is clicked.

Then a page displays with a 60 second count down to the reboot with a cancel button on it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vilsen
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2018

Re: Please - a little complaint about the software after update to Release 2023-06-26

Originally posted by krafty
      Another thing is the Release Versioning that is more complicated now. Why just don't go back to Version 18 or 19.
      The whole R-date thing is hard to grasp...
      It's a developer's choice but I agree that using the full date like R2023-06-26 makes it harder to grasp all releases, especially when they build up and even more so when you use several dBpoweramp programs. The dates get mixed up in the head, making it harder to remember versions and to separate them. Version *.1 *.2 *.3 etc is much easier to keep track of.

But it's nice & logical to have the year as a basis, so my suggestion would be to use R2023.1 etc.

Just my 2รง

Comment

• krafty
        • Dec 2021

Hi Spoon,
        Okay, I think I passed this straight away. I will pay attention the next time.

Comment

Working...

]]>