title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

refreshing the database.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tw0sheds
    • Jul 2018

refreshing the database.

I have a QNAP TS453D
    I run many instances of Asset pointing at different folders.

I am having an issue with getting the data to update. I have tried:
    'Rescan folder detecting changes'
    'Clear database, rescan all folders'

I have emptied the recycle bin on the NAS.

I have even renamed all the files and folders involved and totally redone the file tags but still I get the wrong (old) info being presented.

I have tried deleting an instance and recreating it giving it a different name but it still finds the incorrect (old) data despite the files not existing anymore.

HELP
  • tw0sheds
    • Jul 2018

Re: refreshing the database.

Originally posted by tw0sheds
    I have a QNAP TS453D
    I run many instances of Asset pointing at different folders.

I am having an issue with getting the data to update. I have tried:
    'Rescan folder detecting changes'
    'Clear database, rescan all folders'

I have emptied the recycle bin on the NAS.

I have even renamed all the files and folders involved and totally redone the file tags but still I get the wrong (old) info being presented.

I have tried deleting an instance and recreating it giving it a different name but it still finds the incorrect (old) data despite the files not existing anymore.

HELP
    I've just tried reinstalling Asset - same results. How can it index files that don't exist?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It is likely your control point is caching the listings, try clearing the cache on it, or uninstall and reinstall it.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tw0sheds
        • Jul 2018

What do you mean by 'control point'?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The program used to browse asset and control your player.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tw0sheds
            • Jul 2018

OK, I use PC, iPod, iPhone and Android phone - all have the issue despite having removed the apps and reinstalled them

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Browse by File and Folder browsing (on the advanced page), are the correct filenames and folders shown?

How did you update the ID Tags? with which program? what is the audio format?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tw0sheds
                • Jul 2018

Hi, sorry for the delay, been a bit busy

When I browse to the files on the NAS through Windows Explorer the files are correct.

When I browse to an Asset database using any media player (Linn Kazoo, Arcam MusicLife, Lumin or Foobar2000) the incorrect results are shown.
                All these apps have been tried on multiple devices (PC, iPhone, iPad and Android phone) all have been uninstalled and reinstalled several times as has Asset on the NAS. The NAS has had it's recycle bin emptied.
                What baffles me is the files being presented no longer exist. I re-riped the discs (dbPowerAmp) and completely retagged them. Even tried putting them in a different source folder, with a different name but still incorrect.

I create/update tags using Tag&Rename, files are FLAC with Vorbis Tags

It's driving me mad

Comment

• simbun
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2021

When I browse to the files on the NAS through Windows Explorer the files are correct.
                  Spoon was asking you to, within the control point browse to 'Additional > Folders & Filename Browsing' to check if it reflected your new file and folder structure.

If for one of your instances you change the path to be a subset of the original (e.g. just Various Artists), do the stats on the Asset UPnP Configuration page change once you've performed a rescan (the number of Tracks and Albums)?

Comment

• tw0sheds
                    • Jul 2018

Ah sorry,
                    No, when I browse to 'Additional > Folders & Filename Browsing' the same incorrect info is shown
                    I have created a new folder with just one of the albums
                    i.e. temp\2004 - Join The Dots (B-Sides & Rarities 1978-2001)

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It cannot be asset, as this list is created live from the files, something is caching the results, or you have another library pointing to another music library?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tw0sheds
                        • Jul 2018

This morning I have checked and Folders & Filename Browsing is now showing the correct results.
                        Browsing via Album Artist still shows the incorrect results

Comment

• tw0sheds
                          • Jul 2018

Maybe I'm expecting the 'wrong' results from Album Artist browsing?

I have a folder \Cure\2004 - Join The Dots (B-Sides & Rarities 1978-2001), inside this are 4 sub folders, each with its own name (i.e. CD1, CD2, CD3, CD4)
                          I expect that it would show the results separately as the album name tags are Join The Dots CD1, Join The Dots CD2, Join The Dots CD3, Join The Dots CD4

What it does show is the album name as '2004 Join The Dots', when selected all the tracks show on the same screen.
                          Numbering is also odd as CD1 has track numbers as 01. etc, CD2 as 101. etc, CD3 as 201. etc and CD4 as 301. etc.

Comment

• simbun
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Apr 2021

Maybe I'm expecting the 'wrong' results from Album Artist browsing?

I have a folder \Cure\2004 - Join The Dots (B-Sides & Rarities 1978-2001), inside this are 4 sub folders, each with its own name (i.e. CD1, CD2, CD3, CD4)
                            I expect that it would show the results separately as the album name tags are Join The Dots CD1, Join The Dots CD2, Join The Dots CD3, Join The Dots CD4
                            In Advanced Settings there's a configuration option called 'Multi-Disc Album', what do you have it set to? I have no experience with this, but some servers will strip 'CD X' information from album tags in order to correctly merge files, so it might be worth setting it to 'Leave Album Tag Untouched'.

There's also the option 'Album Defined by Folder', although if you have CD X included in the album name, and you change the Multi-Disc Album setting then it might not be needed.

Regarding the strange numbering of multi-disc albums when combined, I think that's just a "feature" of Asset.
                            Last edited by simbun; 07-12-2023, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• tw0sheds
                              • Jul 2018

By jove, that's done the trick
                              There's just so many options and don't like to mess with them too much
                              incidentally the Multi Disc Albums option is in Options, not Advanced.

Diolch

Comment

Working...

]]>