title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    35

    Question help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Hi

    I have installed the trial version on a laptop windows 7 and i'm testing because honestly it's a great program even does't include cue (dBpoweramp-Codec-[CUESheetImage]) and must be downloaded seperatly , at least could added in codec central , could be added

    I have only 2 questions

    1)
    yesterday I tried to rip Nirvana 's Nevermind album , and there is a ghost track (i guess it's Her Majesty) , there is a lot of silence and noise and after it stars the track
    there 12 tracks and the 13 is hidden
    I would like to rip the 12 tracks and the 13 without silence or noise
    May I know the best dbpoweramp cd ripper settings to rip the cd ?
    maybe with some screenshots or in details
    because yesterday it does rip not correctly and i have not many days to test it ,i have to decided it


    2) in the past nero release an dll wnaspi32.dll to copy in the exact audio copy to let it work better
    wnaspi32.dll SHA-256: E1994E793DB6AC018F738CABABF3C1B93EDBC18DB27D54E152 E28B9980B2DC38
    does it work with dbpoweramp cd ripper

    thanks , i have searched but not found a good answer with screenshots in the forum , i can't add the links of this forum

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    209

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    Hi
    1)
    yesterday I tried to rip Nirvana 's Nevermind album , and there is a ghost track (i guess it's Her Majesty) , there is a lot of silence and noise and after it stars the track
    there 12 tracks and the 13 is hidden
    I would like to rip the 12 tracks and the 13 without silence or noise
    May I know the best dbpoweramp cd ripper settings to rip the cd ?
    maybe with some screenshots or in details
    because yesterday it does rip not correctly and i have not many days to test it ,i have to decided it
    Her Majesty is a hidden track on the Beatles album Abbey Road, I assume you're talking about 'Endless, Nameless'? Typically (and from your description) this song is part of track 12 separated by silence from 'Something in the Way'. Why do you say it ripped it incorrectly, did it not verify against AccurateRip?

    If you want to split this track into multiple parts it's best to do it after the ripping process (otherwise you'll potentially destroy all the other tracks). dBpoweramp does have some DSPs to remove silence, but I don't think it'll generate an additional track for you, so if you really want to do this it might be worth doing it in an audio editor, as long as you understand you'll no longer have a bit-perfect copy of the CD.

    If I was to do this (I've done something similar on other CDs) I'd split track 12 into 3 parts, reference all of those in the CUE sheet (under track 12) so I can still validate the rip, and then tag them as you like. I'd then hide the silent file from my player software using a custom extension and exclude it from scanning e.g. *.silent.flac

    I believe one of the recent anniversary editions does have this song split out, so if that's what you're talking about then ignore everything above :-)

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    35

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    Her Majesty is a hidden track on the Beatles album Abbey Road, I assume you're talking about 'Endless, Nameless'? Typically (and from your description) this song is part of track 12 separated by silence from 'Something in the Way'. Why do you say it ripped it incorrectly, did it not verify against AccurateRip?

    If you want to split this track into multiple parts it's best to do it after the ripping process (otherwise you'll potentially destroy all the other tracks). dBpoweramp does have some DSPs to remove silence, but I don't think it'll generate an additional track for you, so if you really want to do this it might be worth doing it in an audio editor, as long as you understand you'll no longer have a bit-perfect copy of the CD.

    If I was to do this (I've done something similar on other CDs) I'd split track 12 into 3 parts, reference all of those in the CUE sheet (under track 12) so I can still validate the rip, and then tag them as you like. I'd then hide the silent file from my player software using a custom extension and exclude it from scanning e.g. *.silent.flac

    I believe one of the recent anniversary editions does have this song split out, so if that's what you're talking about then ignore everything above :-)
    Hi
    I have one of the fist Europe Press
    so I should I use mp3DirectCut (there is no quality loss to edited files) for mp3 songs
    In the forum there is
    DSP ued :

    Hidden Track Removal
    And
    Silence Track Deletion
    and Spoon
    -54 I think is default.
    maybe there is another ripper that can do it?
    i would like to rip all the tracks in AAC QAAC or mp3 320
    I have added some links of this forum but i could edit anymore and there are double post
    thanks

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    43,016

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Certain ghost tracks do have silence in them and no TOC to indicate they are a track, use the DSP Effect in dBpoweramp:

    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMC/...ilence_Removal

    as this one is a track after the track Something in the way, and 5 mins of silence.

    Use the effect when ripping.

  5. #5
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    209

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    I have one of the fist Europe Press
    so I should I use mp3DirectCut (there is no quality loss to edited files) for mp3 songs
    If you've already compressed the file to mp3 then I guess mp3directcut should work. Alternatively if you want to cut the file from the wav/flac I use sox:
    Code:
    sox 01.12.flac 01.12.%2n.flac trim 00:00:00.00 00:03:52.00 : newfile : trim 00:00:00.00 00:09:58.00 : newfile : trim 00:00:00.00
    This splits the 12th track into 3 parts (correct for my release at least) that can be used to retain the original verified rip whilst also allowing you to separate the two tracks out.

    The modified CUE would look like:
    Code:
    FILE "01.12.01.flac" WAVE
      TRACK 12 AUDIO
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
    FILE "01.12.02.flac" WAVE
        INDEX 02 00:00:00
    FILE "01.12.03.flac" WAVE
        INDEX 03 00:00:00
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    maybe there is another ripper that can do it?
    I very much doubt it as you're asking for it to arbitrarily split tracks based on periods of silence.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    35

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Certain ghost tracks do have silence in them and no TOC to indicate they are a track, use the DSP Effect in dBpoweramp:

    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMC/...ilence_Removal

    as this one is a track after the track Something in the way, and 5 mins of silence.

    Use the effect when ripping.
    hi
    I have done as you suggested but the best is have 2 songs joined
    Sad I can't slip them with dbpower cd ripper
    thanks
    a screnshot
    WZPVifT.png

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area, ON Canada
    Posts
    169

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    hi
    I have done as you suggested but the best is have 2 songs joined
    Sad I can't slip them with dbpower cd ripper
    thanks
    a screnshot
    WZPVifT.png
    That is exactly what the Remove Silence option does. It removed the 5 minutes of silence. It does not split the tracks. I am not aware of any ripping software that will automatically split while ripping. At best you may find something that can let you manually specify times to split tracks, but this takes a lot of time to figure out those times accurately.

    I would suggest a faster and more precise way is to use an audio editor (Audacity is available for free). It is pretty quick to do this when necessary. But know that once you make any edit, the integrity of the original AccurateRip is destroyed.

  8. #8
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    209

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    But know that once you make any edit, the integrity of the original AccurateRip is destroyed.
    Splitting tracks doesn't affect the integrity of the files, but if you want the "CD image" to verify you'll need to recreate the layout of the CD with a CUE sheet (as described above).

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    35

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    Splitting tracks doesn't affect the integrity of the files, but if you want the "CD image" to verify you'll need to recreate the layout of the CD with a CUE sheet (as described above).
    Hi
    would be cool have a dsp that can cut or split the 2 tracks
    is there a way to request it ?
    thanks

  10. #10
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    209

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    Hi
    would be cool have a dsp that can cut or split the 2 tracks
    is there a way to request it ?
    thanks
    There is a wishlist topic, but given dBpoweramp has been around for close to 20 years without this feature I very much doubt it'll be coming any time soon, especially as you're asking them to do days of development and testing to save you ~30 minutes of work for this one CD.

    Is there any reason why you can't try the suggested alternatives (I even gave you the sox command to run).

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    35

    Re: help me please to rip a cd with ghost track

    Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    There is a wishlist topic, but given dBpoweramp has been around for close to 20 years without this feature I very much doubt it'll be coming any time soon, especially as you're asking them to do days of development and testing to save you ~30 minutes of work for this one CD.

    Is there any reason why you can't try the suggested alternatives (I even gave you the sox command to run).
    Hi
    30 minutes for 1 cd it's a lot , there are many cd with ghost tracks
    about sox i was sure it's a resampler and could cut a song
    by the way dbpoweramp cd ripper has so many dsp that a new one could be only a pleasant add
    thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •