title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Pre-Emphasis does not show in Track Technical column

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pizza
    • May 2022

Pre-Emphasis does not show in Track Technical column

I have a CD, target Beatles Abbey Road from Japan, but Pre-Emphasis is not showing in the track technical column. I want to apply De-Emphasis in the rip but preference says CD tracks need to be marked with Pre-Emphasis. If I rip it as is, will De-Emphasis be applied or not? If not, what should I do? Thank you for any help.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Pre-Emphasis does not show in Track Technical column

Originally posted by Pizza
    I have a CD, target Beatles Abbey Road from Japan, but Pre-Emphasis is not showing in the track technical column.
    What is the catalog no. of your CD?

Comment

• Pizza
      • May 2022

Thank you.

Comment

• Pizza
        • May 2022

Number on the side of the case is cp35-3016

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Discogs and the Pre-Emphasis user database are reporting CP35-3016 as being mastered with pre-emphasis.

You could rip the CD without de-emphasis and use foobar2000 with the de-emphasis component installed, as your audio player.

Comment

• Pizza
            • May 2022

Thank you for your replies mville. I tried what simbun suggested. I haven't played it yet and not sure if I did it right. I was aware that this CD was mastered with pre-emphasis but a bit disappointed that the software couldn't recognize it though I realize it was how the CD itself was mastered. It did recognize it on another CD that I ripped this morning that I didn't know had pre-emphasis, so that's pretty cool!

Thank you mville and simbun.

Comment

• JayNYC
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Feb 2008

@spoon any chance you would add SubCode Pre-Emphasis detection to CD Ripper? Would make everyone's life a lot easier. The type of Pre-Emphasis could be reported in the Track Technical column, right? And the DSP de-emphasis would then 'kick in' reliably in any type of Pre-Emphasis scenario....

Comment

Working...

]]>