title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Change Compilations to Various

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GVCCbob
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2019

Change Compilations to Various

My question is I ripped about 200 CD's using DBpoweramp with compilations checked so I have a Compilations Folder.

I sent my other CD's to MusicShifter. They use DBpoweramp and those CD's were put into the Folder Various.

How do I get all my CD's tags into various, or vise versa into Compilations so all those type of CD's are grouped into one folder.

Looking at Tag editors I do not see Various or Compilations.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Change Compilations to Various

Just cut and paste all the albums in the "compilations" folder to the "Various" folder, or vice versa. This is simply the folder location not a metadata tag.

Comment

• GVCCbob
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2019

The files I ripped had the compilation box checked. What does checking the compilations box actually do?
      [MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

So those flac files are in the folder compilations.

The ones MusicShifter do not have a compilation tag or number, and Album Artist is Various.
      So they are in the folder they created under Various.

It would be nice to have them in one place either in Compilations, or Various.

Looking at AlbumArtist it was not clear how to do this with their rules.

Thanks for responding.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by GVCCbob
        The files I ripped had the compilation box checked. What does checking the compilations box actually do?
        [MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]
        If the compilation box is set, you use this part of your naming string:

[IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][]

If the cmpilation box is not set, you use the other part of your naming string:

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][]

If I rip a compilation CD with multiple artists, I open the edit window of CD Ripper before ripping, set the compilation flag and blank the field album artist.

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GVCCbob

So those flac files are in the folder compilations.

The ones MusicShifter do not have a compilation tag or number, and Album Artist is Various.
          So they are in the folder they created under Various.

It would be nice to have them in one place either in Compilations, or Various.

Looking at AlbumArtist it was not clear how to do this with their rules.

Thanks for responding.

The compilation tag having a value of "1" tells (some) music servers that the album is a compilation album and that each track may have a different artist. I always have this set for my compilation albums. As noted, however, one can achieve the same sort of outcome by using an ALBUM ARTIST for every album, and putting something like Various for a compilation.

If it was me (the compilation tag approach), I'd load up all the albums ripped with musicshifter that have "Various" for AlbumArtist and use an ID tag editor to batch "tick" the compilation tag (or make it a value of "1"). Then I'd move all those albums under the "Compilations" folder you already have. You can leave AlbumArtist as "Various".

Comment

Working...

]]>