title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Edit ID-Tag Problem

Edit ID-Tag Problem

I have used the dBpoweramp for a couple of years and like it very much. I have problem related to a music file. I ripped an entire CD and all tracks except one does not show me the ID-Tag when I right click on the file. All other files are OK. This happens with a few other rips as well. I have uninstalled the dBpoweramp, rebooted my computer and then reinstalled the program. That did not help. I then went to Advanced settings and unchecked all the Explorer Integration settings and rebooted again. I then went back and checkmarked all the Explorer Integration settings again but problem remains.

I have no clue as to what I can do to solve this problem.

Administrator

Re: Edit ID-Tag Problem

If you right click >> Edit ID Tags

and there are none, then the file has no ID Tags.

As I stated I can not Right click on the Edit Tag because it is not available!

Administrator

It is likely the files were interrupted when ripping, CD ripper normally rips to ._ files then at the end of ripping the extensions are renamed to .flac (if using flac).

Delete that disc and re-rip.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn43 View Post
    I ripped an entire CD and all tracks except one does not show me the ID-Tag when I right click on the file. All other files are OK. This happens with a few other rips as well.
    Also, check your audio files are not corrupted by running dBpoweramp Music Converter > Test Conversion.

What file format are these files?