title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Search & Playlists

Search & Playlists

SO after spending some time reorganising my collection, so albums are in one directory, and everything else, odds and ends, complications, and other things that "pollute" the artist/album browse (by sending you down dead ends that contain just 1 track and so on) and in their own directories outside of the artist/album folder structure. Thing are now a bit better. I worked around some inconsistencies in behavior vs documentation with regards to playlist handling, and have M3U playlists generated for compilation albums.

My last problem, now I have split my music up, search only includes album results, not results from files that are in my "everything else" directory is less structured media.

IS there a way to include them?

Administrator

Re: Search & Playlists

Not if you have excluded them.

They are included as playlists, so the tracks are in the database, but not part of search results.

Administrator

Tracks in Playlists are only searchable if the tracks are also indexed by Asset.

OK thanks. I hope you consider changing this, or making it a setting, as search is really important to me (which is why I don't use the built in Synology media server or Plex as neither support search).

The only 2 decent mediasevrers that do appear to be Asset and Twonkymedia. Twonkymedia however also indexes tracks contained in playlists, so for the moment, I'm going to revert to my Twonky docker setup, and might perhaps re-evaluate Asset in the future, as currently it's not fitting my needs.

Also perhaps related, items in Asset playlists didn't serve embedded album art to BubbleUPNP, but worked as soon as I switched back to Twonky.

I never got past this hurdle with asset, if titles are in a playlist, they don't appear in search results. I evaluated MinimServer 2, which does appear to implement search correctly.

Asset is a nice product, but the search issue is a show stopper for me.