title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "The" Artist & Album Handling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"The" Artist & Album Handling

When I have "The" Artist & Album Handling setting to "Smart" it still displays "The Beatles" under "T" instead of "The Beatles" under "B".Currently running Version R6.4 on my QNAP. What am I doing wrong?Thanks.

Administrator

Re: "The" Artist & Album Handling

First check that no beetles tracks have a sort value set to 'The Beetles' that would force under The listing

This happens with all "The" artists.The Birds, The Doors,etc,etc. Sorry but I don't know what you mean by "no beetles tracks have a sort value set to 'The Beetles'" I'm not very tech savvy.

Administrator

Try setting it to [value], the

I've installed the trial version of R7.2 and I'm using the Synology DSM6 version -

Capture.PNG

My initial impressions of using Asset are extremely positive, with the speed of browsing being infinitely better than when using Synology's Media Server. However I seem to be having an issue with the function of 'The' handling option, when switched to 'Smart' -

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately, the Album Artist view fails to physically display relevant artists (such as The Beatles) alphabetically under anything but 'T'. The same goes for the Album view, so "The Best of Ella Fitzgerald" isn't displayed under 'B'. Am I missing something somewhere, as I've tried to ensure my Browse Tree is quite simple -

Capture.PNG

Any assistance or guidance here would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Administrator

Have you triggered 'Rescan Refresh all' after changing the 'The ' option? if not you need to.