title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R17.1 [Windows] Beta Discussions

Administrator

dBpoweramp R17.1 [Windows] Beta Discussions

Discussions for R17.1 [Windows]

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp R17.1 [Windows] Beta Discussions

Hi Spoon, I hope you are well with the current conflagration.

I have installed 17.1 PC 64 bit version on a W7pro machine. I have two issues.

The first may not be limited to 17, but I ran into it last night. I have several stored ripping profiles. Two are the same except one is my usual secure ripping profile. The other has burst ripping selected, foe very occasional use when all else is lost with a bad/damaged CD, to attempt to recover anything useful if the secure rip ends in error with all of my various drives. Anyway, yesterday when running several instances of the ripper at the same time (my usual mode of operation), I found that the selection of secure or burst is not isolated to each instance, despite different profiles being selected. If I select the burst profile on one instance, when another instance is already open using the secure profile, the instance I selected the burst profile on shows that profile as selected, but the ripper options show secure mode as being selected, and in fact if I rip with that instance, it attempts a secure rip.

Now if I open the options on that instance (the one that has the supposed burst profile selected) and switch the ripping mode to burst, it also switches the other instance(s) that I have running from secure to burst (but not changing the selected profile name, just changing what is stored in the profile), obviously not what I want...

This issue may not be unique to 17, I don't think I tried to use my "burst rip" profile when I had multiple instances open for a long time, and I can't even be sure it worked the way I wanted then.

The second "issue": I have used the manual metadata lookup successfully several times now, a very nice feature that saves a lot of copy and paste operations. But while it properly moves the title and artist etc. tags into dBpa, it doesn't move the artwork. at least from Discogs, which is where I located tags. I had to direct my browser to Discogs and drag, or copy and paste, the artwork across into dBpa. It would be nice if the artwork, at least the one labeled as the front cover, moved across with the tags.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this software.

dBpoweramp Guru

Another little issue, and again it may not be new. If on the Manual Meta Review page, you clear out composer information previously filled in by perfect meta, when you close the manual meta page and go back to the main page, the deleted composers are still listed in the drop down list under the tab. They have been removed from the composer window above the headings, and aren't written to the metadata when the CD is ripped, but the entries on the main screen haven't been cleared when they were cleared on the manual meta entry page.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

ISRC info isn't transferring over to Tags in dBp.

Administrator

RE: ISRC, Which Audio format? when ripping a CD?

Administrator

The first issue, CD Ripper has never been defined as multi-run capable, whereas Batch Ripper has.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

RE: ISRC, Which Audio format? when ripping a CD?
    It's not the format.

The info isn't transferring to the Tags tab.

Untitled17.1.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, I find that strange, as the issue of multiple instances has been discussed on this forum on several occasions in the past, and the replies never said it wasn't defined to be "multi-run-capable". For instance:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...simultaneously

I just looked at the batch ripper again (Looked at it when I first bought the program). It is not practical for my case. I have left to rip about 900 CDS, mostly Caribbean soca, calypso or steelband. Almost all of them require extensive metadata "cleanup", a fair number have no metadata available. The new "discogs lookup feature" which is not in the batch ripper, has proven useful in a number of cases. Most of the CDs require me to scan the artwork, or at least manually search the Internet and copy and paste the artwork into dBpa. I may have missed something, but I see no way to manually add artwork in the batch ripper. The batch ripper is just too "automatic" to work for me, from my trying to use it this evening. If my CDs were rock or some other genre with reasonably accurate metadata, it might be more viable.

So I guess, for the time being, I'll continue to use the multiple instances as I have for several years, but know not to try to change the profile when doing so. That is the first issue I've ever had with the multiple instances.

And I'll add a "feature request" for a future version, that running multiple instances be fully vetted, including a "fix" for the different profiles in different instances issue.

Don't misinterpret me, dBpa is far and above the best ripping software available. I'm just trying to make it work better for my needs.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thexfile View Post
    It's not the format.

The info isn't transferring to the Tags tab.

Untitled17.1.jpg
    ISRC is only shown on the tags tab if you select a single track, because each track as a different ISRC so there is no point in showing for all the tracks as one (like for Album title).

Hi Spoon,

Please would you two things?

1. Update Ogg Vorbis to the latest release? They are at 1.3.4 and dbpoweramp is at 1.3.3.
    2. Update FDK-AAC to the latest release? They are at 2.0.1 and dbpoweramp is at 2.0.

Thanks! Love the software. Great work!

dBpoweramp Guru

An apparent issue with Discogs data from compilation albums. Even though the Discogs listing has the track artists listed, the metadata from discogs shows the track artist names as "various", the album artist entry. I saw this in the new "manual metadata lookup", and I think it happens in the "active provider" lookup also.

Administrator

Can you give an example disc?

Hey, Spoon, I just installed 17.1 Beta2 release. Musicbrainz often returns a "year" that's a full date. In file naming this will yield the full date. Could Ripper have an option to trunc that string or should I just use [split] function? Or do you have a better recommendation?

EDIT: Forget I asked. SPLIT's easy to implement and you can leave it to the user to choose how Year should be written.
    Last edited by dingfod; 05-24-2020 at 09:36 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hello Spoon.

The one which I ran into is titled "Music in Ghana", it is a compilation. The Manufacturer's number is pamap 601.

The URL in Discogs is https://www.discogs.com/Various-Musi...elease/5737327

The Freedb info recovered automatically by dBpoweramp has most of the titles wrong. If one reads the enclosed booklet, it turns out that the "titles" on the back of the sleeve are in fact generic descriptions of the music, the artists and song titles (when known) are in the booklet. The Discogs listing appears to be accurate. I did a "manual lookup" in 17.2 and it got all the track titles but listed all the artists as "various", despite them being listed in Discogs. Windows 7 64 bit

It also didn't copy the artwork from the Discogs URL.

I hope this helps you in analyzing this.

Administrator

Various artists all fixed for next update. The album art loads fine on that disc for me, perhaps the server with the art was down.