title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Question odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

    Hi - I am a long time user and have been through a couple of upgrades. Since upgrading to 16 it cured a slow metadata lookup problem I was having. Happy with that. Unfortunately it has been replaced with a different metadata look up problem. It is only finding and listing one metadata source. When reviewing I can't select individual fields from different sources. I can use "Retrieve Metadata From" and pick one source and it will replace the list with the data from the newly selected source. It means I can access any of those available only one at a time. What I can't do is cherry pick tags.

    In the review window/dialog the column headers for Freedb, discogs etc are grey and the space below is empty. The tags are present from the selected source on the left hand side as you'd expect. If I had asked it for FreeDB it only shows on the left and not under the FreeDB column. From the main window it appears to be fetching album art OK and will find other art as you'd expect (tho maybe there is an issue there too - I only tried to change it once and it didn't seem to apply the art I had selected)

    Is this an installation problem? (I just installed 16.6 over the previous version). Could just be user error or a setting maybe... only I can't spot anything. I'd be grateful for any suggestions/solutions.

    Many thanks

    Thanks
    (Installed dMC-R16.6-Ref-Registered.exe on Windows 10 Pro 1903 version 18362.657 5 Aug 19)
    Last edited by Musicfully; 02-21-2020 at 05:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    39,536

    Re: odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

    In CD Ripper >> green options button on tool bar >> CD Ripper Options >> Active Metadata Providers

    ensure the first 5 have a check mark.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Re: odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

    I had been checking that these were all set (checked/ticked) - ie dbpoweramp cache, discogs, gd3, musicbrainz, freedb - Right now only those 5 are checked. They show as checked with light blue background to the checked rows in the pop up menu. Just in case it could clear some uninitialized attributes, I unset the 5 flags and then re-checked all 5 in the hope of overwriting any unset attributes. I inserted a CD never before read (got today) and have exactly the same problem. No change. I also checked by "retrieve data from" (individually) for each of discogs, gd3, musicbrainz and freedb in turn to see that each had different data - and they do (its a classical CD). All 4 columns in the metadata review should be capable of being populated. Next step?

    Much appreciated for the prompt earlier reply.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    39,536

    Re: odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

    See if dBpoweramp is reporting as Reference, you can run control Center and it should say Reference: Registered.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Re: odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

    Yes - it says "Registration status: Reference Registered", and underneath "Fully registered, no restrictions"

    Registered.jpg

    hopefully the markup above links to the screenshot I uploaded... (?)

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    39,536

    Re: odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

    Try this:

    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

    Wipe all the settings then reinstall the registered version and see if it works then.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    Re: odd metadata lookup problem (Win 10, 16.6 reference)

    Many thanks - sorted - I uninstalled, ran the reset program as indicated, and then reinstalled 16.6. that has cleared the problem completely so it must have been some errant registry setting or whatever. Two observations:
    1) After uninstalling and reset it left behind dbpoweramp DSP effects version 11 as could be seen under apps and features.
    2) The odd problem with album art I mentioned earlier was due to the options to limit art dimensions or file size which I hadn't noticed before mainly cos usually I remove art and do my own and embed it later... so that's a non problem other than the software not telling me it had rejected my selection due to limits (unless I missed it). Maybe the defaults and size options should be raised for the new decade.

    Again, many thanks for helping. Nice to have it all back to normal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •