title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multichanel Vorbis support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asmodeus
    • Nov 2003

Multichanel Vorbis support

Hi :D
    I know that I'm boring, but I stil waiting for proper multichanel vorbis encoder. The one already available isn't working, what I have report.
    But that's not all. If you already solve egzisting bug, please create posibility of custom chanel orger adjust. OGG Vorbis specification has no chanel order set (or I should say the one that egzist is created "blind eyes" and does not corespond to regular specifications). Today we have FL,C,FR,RL,RR,LFE and all multichanel formats (AC3, WMA, AAC) use (AFAIK) FL,FR,C,LFE,RL,RR. So streams created by oggenc or for instance foobar disk writer, are unproper played by corevorbis (I don't mention oggDS while multichanel support isn't solved). BeSweet create proper chanel order.
    Thx and I wish you good work
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multichanel Vorbis support

>FL,C,FR,RL,RR,LFE and all multichanel formats (AC3, WMA, AAC) use (AFAIK) FL,FR,C,LFE,RL,RR.

so which is correct? if going to wave?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Asmodeus
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
      >FL,C,FR,RL,RR,LFE and all multichanel formats (AC3, WMA, AAC) use (AFAIK) FL,FR,C,LFE,RL,RR.

so which is correct? if going to wave?
      If you transcode from AC3 to wave chanell order is the same (for both AC3 and 6ch PCM WAVE) FL,FR,C,LFE,RL,RR. But to get propertly played (egz. by CoreVorbis) vorbis file, chanel order must be FL,C,FR,RL,RR,LFE. So there must be a chanell switch durning transcode.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Are you 100% sure that this is the standard for Ogg, does the plug in for Winamp do the same? (ie play correctly if it is in that order)?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Asmodeus
          • Nov 2003

Are you 100% sure that this is the standard for Ogg
          Yes 100%. All my tests provide this type of sets, and all threads I've found on doom9 are reporting the same. As for standard - there is no standard for 6ch Vorbis. This chanell order was (IMHO) for beta test since few years, and till now it's standing with no standard relase.

does the plug in for Winamp do the same? (ie play correctly if it is in that order)?
          I've never gain nothing more that weird stereo from winamp plugin, and foobar plays it as ProLogic. I have SBLive! 5.1 and real 6ch I can get only with CoreVorbis filter (as majority). Some people uses oggDS with trombeworks (AFAIR) patch, but I've never try this.

If it's possible try to include setable two types of order (as it is in winamp plugin). Even there you can choice betwen "corect(FL,C,FR,RL,RR,LFE)" and "broken(FL,FR,C,LFE,RL,RR)"

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Thanks
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Asmodeus
              • Nov 2003

If you need beta-tester, well ....

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

As spam brought this thread back to life, the current ogg beta has correct mulichannel decoding / encoding.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>