title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding Tracks to MMC via dBPowerAMP CD ripper should not bring MMC window to focus!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elgato
    • Mar 2004

Adding Tracks to MMC via dBPowerAMP CD ripper should not bring MMC window to focus!

Adding Tracks to MMC via dBPowerAMP CD ripper currently brings the MMC window to focus every time a track is ripped. If MMC is not open, it opens. This is colossally annoying because it prevents the user from doing much of anything on the same pc while cds are being ripped and added into MMC. Don't do that.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Adding Tracks to MMC via dBPowerAMP CD ripper should not bring MMC window to focus!

Once/if you minimise MMC to the Start Bar it will stop gaining focus.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Re: Adding Tracks to MMC via dBPowerAMP CD ripper should not bring MMC window to focus!

The other thing you can do is to uncheck the box at the bottom of the small screen that is titled "dBpowerAMP Music Converter" that reads "add to dBpowerAMP Music Collection." If you do this and if you wish to listen to your ripped tracks in the dBpoerAMP Audioo Player (or dAP) then you will have to later manually add the files to the dAP Music Collection.
      But Wayne is right that if you minimize the MMC (My Music Collection screen) it will stop popping up after each track that gets ripped.
      Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• elgato
        • Mar 2004

Yes, unchecking the "Add to MMC" box in the ripper is always an option. But for a user like me really really wants to auto add newly ripped stuff to MMC, minimizing MMC still isn't a very nice solution because the MMC entry in the windows task bar still flashes every time a track is added, which is almost as annoying as restoring the window.

This is still a very nice dap and better than anything else I've tried, especially for its organizational skills...

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

dAP does have the option to scan a particular folder for 'new' music files and moving/loading them to your music collection.

You could rip your tracks to a different location and set dAP to scan this folder (moving any new files to your music collection) whenever it starts.

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you have Windows 2000 / XP if you minimize it then it will just flash.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• elgato
              • Mar 2004

Just wanted to follow up on this as it seems I'm the only one complaining about this feature. I am running win XP Pro now and it behaves the same as win 2000 Pro previously. Sure, minimizing MMC while ripping and adding causes the taskbar to flash, but it still removes the focus from the active window. For example, if I am tying the body of a new e-mail window in MS Outlook, when a new track is ripped and added to MMC, the e-mail window no longer has focus and therefore what I type after that is not entered in the e-mail body. So I have to alt-TAB back to the e-mail window. It does this for some applications, but not all. For example, right now I am ripping a CD and typing the body of a forum post in an IE window. The focus does not shift away from IE when a track is added to MMC.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
              T

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It is supposed to be a feature of XP that stops background programs from stealing the focus, I know it works on all XP machines I have seen.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>