title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP R7

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP R7

Yes, I have exactly the same and I use flac files.

I just tested again in beta2/win10 and beta3/XP, and the problem persists.

Are you following the whole route as I described, i.e. after you have selected an ALBUM TYPE, then you browse further to ALBUM?

I am able to select an ALBUM TYPE and come back to the root. The issue is when I continue to ALBUM and the listing is empty.

Just changing one letter everywhere to have ELBUM TYPE instead makes everything work.

Administrator

Yes I go ALBUM TYPE >> 1234 (my tag value) >> Album >> album is listed

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have exactly the same?
    I answered yes on that because I didn't realize that you could actually write ALBUM TYPE in upper case in MediaDatabaseFieldsv7.txt. I always use lower case to conform to the default syntax.

But when I change from "album type" to "ALBUM TYPE" or even "alBum type" in MediaDatabaseFieldsv7.txt, then everything works. In the file tags and in the browse tree upper/lower case doesn't seem to matter though.

Were you using upper case? If so could you try lower case to see what happens?

Administrator

Tried lower case and it also works fine for me. Strange.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Some further investigation...

I tested to capitalize one letter at a time, and it's a letter in the word album that has to be capitalized. So e.g. "Album type" and "alBum type" work but "album Type" and "album typE" do not work.

And the issue is not limited to browsing Album Type > Album. E.g. Album Type > Title will take you to an empty listing and Album Type > Genre will take you back to the root.

I also noticed that if I index "album type" and a value is absent, Asset Control shows "(Unknown Album Type)" but if I index "albuM type" it shows "(Unknown AlbuM Type)". So when showing values in the listing, Asset Control shows the indexed name for unknown values rather than the tree or tag name - but capitalizes the first letter of every word. Nothing wrong with that I guess, just an observation.

I've tested the above in both beta3/XP and beta2/win10 with the same results.

Administrator

Post your Tree items please which relate to this Album Type entry.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Full path in Asset Control is (with value "Studio" chosen):

Libraries >> Asset UPnP: D620 >> Album Type >> Studio >> Album >> [All Albums]

Code:
    Artist{_no_track_list_}{_a_to_z_}
    Artist\Album
    Album{_a_to_z_}
    Title{_a_to_z_}
    Composer{_no_track_list_}{_a_to_z_}
    Composer\root
    Genre{_no_track_list_}
    Genre\root
    Dynamic Browsing
    Dynamic Browsing\Artist{_a_to_z_}
    Dynamic Browsing\Composer{_a_to_z_}
    Dynamic Browsing\Conductor{_a_to_z_}
    Dynamic Browsing\Genre
    Dynamic Browsing\Style
    Dynamic Browsing\Year
    Dynamic Browsing\Rating
    TuneIn Internet Radio
    Playlists  
    Additional
    Additional\New Albums
    Additional\New Tracks
    Additional\Recent Albums
    Additional\Recent Tracks
    Additional\Top Artists
    Additional\Top Artists\Album
    Additional\Top Albums
    Additional\Top Tracks
    Additional\Least Played Albums
    Additional\Least Played Tracks
    Additional\Jukebox Track Selection
    Additional\Jukebox Album Selection
    Additional\Album Artist / Album{_no_track_list_}{_a_to_z_}
    Additional\Album Artist / Album\Album
    Additional\Album by Release
    Additional\Album by Artist
    Additional\Compilation{_no_track_list_}
    Additional\Compilation\root
    Additional\Bits{_no_track_list_}
    Additional\Bits\root
    Additional\Contributing Artist
    Additional\Conductor{_no_track_list_}
    Additional\Conductor\root
    Additional\Rating{_no_track_list_}
    Additional\Rating\root
    Additional\Type{_no_track_list_}
    Additional\Type\root
    Additional\Year{_no_track_list_}
    Additional\Year\root
    Additional\Folders & Filename Browsing
    Additional\Stream As
    Additional\Stream As\root
    Additional\[Details]
    New Albums
    Jukebox Track Selection
    Top Artists
    Top Artists\Album
    Top Albums
    Album Type{_no_track_list_}
    Album Type\root
    Code:
    artist
    album artist
    album
    genre
    composer
    conductor
    title,TEXT
    year,INTEGER
    track,TEXT
    disc,TEXT
    type,TEXT
    rating,INTEGER
    compilation,INTEGER
    bits,INTEGER
    channels,INTEGER
    frequency,INTEGER
    bitrate,INTEGER
    lengthms,INTEGER
    size,INTEGER
    album type

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Any idea when this will be released?

Will these enhancements, particularly the expanded multi-value capabilities, be available for Linux and QNAP soon too?

Administrator

Full release is many months off, there is still much to add to Asset R7, all updates will find their way to the other platforms also.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm at b3 and still having issues with AlbumArtist in the Browse tree. I have selected A-Z and no track listings, and this function seems to be working properly. However there are a significant number of AlbumArtists missing. And for those that do appear, many that have more than one Album, some are missing.

If I do the same search under the regular Artist category, all of those missing Artists and Albums appear, so they are being found during the scan. But it almost as if the AlbumArtist tag is being missed. I verified that the tag itself is still present, and I use the sort tags as well. For my entire library, I have filled all of the sort tags, even if they match the non-sort tags.

As a last resort, I deleted the entire library, even the browse tree options. So working from a completely fresh install, I rebuilt the browse tree and did a full scan after pointing Asset back to the media folder. But ended up with the same result.

Anything you can suggest? I really prefer to use AlbumArtist as my main search starting point to shorten the list when browsing.

I am current at v7b3 on a Win10/64 machine. Thanks for any pointers you can offer.

Administrator

If your using Flac files, then you need to have tagged 'Album Artist' not 'Albumartist'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If your using Flac files, then you need to have tagged 'Album Artist' not 'Albumartist'
    They are a mix of mp3 and m4a, some ALAC. I'll double check but I have been using the same tagging software for years without any other hiccups.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    They are a mix of mp3 and m4a, some ALAC. I'll double check but I have been using the same tagging software for years without any other hiccups.
    Okay, I have been able to confirm that all of the m4a songs and albums are appearing under the Album Artist browser tree, but the mp3 files are not. Both are using the "AlbumArtist" tag, not "Album Artist" (with a space). Could this be the cause? And is there a way to map the field so that either are recognized by Asset when scanned?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    Okay, I have been able to confirm that all of the m4a songs and albums are appearing under the Album Artist browser tree, but the mp3 files are not. Both are using the "AlbumArtist" tag, not "Album Artist" (with a space). Could this be the cause? And is there a way to map the field so that either are recognized by Asset when scanned?
    I updated a couple of the mp3 album tracks, simply copying the contents of "AlbumArtist" to a new field "Album Artist" using mp3tag, and re-scanned the library. The test tracks all work as expected now. Strangely enough, I did not change the "AlbumArtistSort" field at all, yet these are now updating and also working as expected in both the sort and non-sort locations.

Is it possible to have these two fields work interchangeably in a future beta, before the full release of R7?

Administrator

Mp3 defines a specific tag for 'album artist' internally, it part of the standard. If you have a tag 'albumartist' then it is not using the standard tag, instead a program made up its own tag to store in.