title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

burning error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wix
    • Feb 2004

burning error

I keep getting an error message when trying to burn an mp3 cd. It starts writing and then I get an error message just as it is about to finish- 'error trying to write past the end of the media' 'audio disk has not been written'. I've tried different brands and writing speeds and have followed the instuctions on the site. Any ideas?
    thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: burning error

It sounds like the disk is over full, what Size CD media are you using? and how many MB does it say is used on the CD Writing page?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wix
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      It sounds like the disk is over full, what Size CD media are you using? and how many MB does it say is used on the CD Writing page?

thanks for getting back to me. I am using TDK 700mb and have tried using it only 85% full. Some of the disks which failed have all the audio tracks on and if I put the disk in my computer they play fine. Unfortunately my cd/mp3 player won't read them as the writing process was not finished properly.

I have just tried another disc and this time it got to 99%, said it was finishing the writing process and then a CD drive error message came up saying 'No additional error data was reported- audio disc has not been written. There is nothing at all on this disc.

Any more suggestions?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps to try a different brand of CD-R?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wix
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
          Perhaps to try a different brand of CD-R?

Hi still no luck. I havetried a variety of brands, and writing speeds. Although I'm instucting the burner to make an mp3 cd it seems to somehow reset itself to audio cd- could this be the problem? I'm going to have to give up with this software I think, which is a shame but it won't even write properly 10% full.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Wix-
            While dCW (dBpwerAMP CD Writer) has much to recommend it, it does have its kinks. Not the least of these, imho, is that if you try to make an mp3 (or WMA, Ogg, etc) cd you have to make sure that before you start converting that you specify the cd size (650, 700, or 750 mb) and all of your formatting and file characteristics. For those people who are lucky enough to have a natural knack for such things this may not be a big obstacle. For those who only make cd format cd's the problem does not seem to be anywhere near as great.
            Anyway, I mention this in part so that you can figure out if the source of your problems lies in this direction, in part so you know you are not alone. Other cd writers I have used (notably, Nero 5.5 and Roxio Easy CD Creator) do seem to handle these problems either more intuitively or outright better. I keep using dCW personally because it converts files from many formats and frequently this is the case with my source material.
            Sooner or later I feel confident that these problems will get straightened out and dCW will join the dB Music Converter and Audio Player as real joys to use and treasures to have access to.
            Best wishes,
            Bill MIkkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>