title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Genre / Style

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

Re: Genre / Style

Originally posted by Jailhouse
    No, I wasn't even aware of it. Interesting.
    I think every track was UNRELEASED? There are no session notes, nothing in the CD sleeve, nothing on Wiki.

Therefore, I think I will have to list PRODUCER, RECORDING YEAR, and VENUE as: 'UNKNOWN'.

Comment

• Jailhouse
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
      I think every track was UNRELEASED? There are no session notes, nothing in the CD sleeve, nothing on Wiki.

Therefore, I think I will have to list PRODUCER, RECORDING YEAR, and VENUE as: 'UNKNOWN'.
      Looks like it. I figure it's a slapdash attempt to capitalize on Steely Dan's popularity.

There are quite a few versions of this CD out there. I wonder how many of them, if any, are authorized.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jul 2017

Looks like it. I figure it's a slapdash attempt to capitalize on Steely Dan's popularity.

There are quite a few versions of this CD out there. I wonder how many of them, if any, are authorized.
        If all of the fields were totally blank, and, after I ripped the CD, the number in the ACCURATERIP column was (1), then does this indicate that I am the first person to have ripped this CD, please?

It took ages to rip as it did so in 'frames'.
        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 01-19-2018, 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Jailhouse
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2016

If all of the fields were totally blank, and, after I ripped the CD, the number in the ACCURATERIP column was (1), then does this indicate that I am the first person to have ripped this CD, please?
          It should mean that there was one rip in the database and that you got the same results. If there were nothing to compare to, each track would have been ripped twice and marked as Secure if the two rips produced the same result.

Was the message, "CD in AccurateRip" at the bottom of the page before you started the rip?

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

It should mean that there was one rip in the database and that you got the same results. If there were nothing to compare to, each track would have been ripped twice and marked as Secure if the two rips produced the same result.

Was the message, "CD in AccurateRip" at the bottom of the page before you started the rip?
            It did not state "Secure". I've seen that before so I would have noticed that.

I can't remember if it stated "CD in AccurateRip" though.

Comment

• Jailhouse
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2016

It did not state "Secure". I've seen that before so I would have noticed that.

I can't remember if it stated "CD in AccurateRip" though.
              I sometimes wonder if I saw "CD in AccurateRip" or not while a rip is in process. One of those tricks of the mind.

It looks like the next person will have two rips in the AR database to compare to.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

I sometimes wonder if I saw "CD in AccurateRip" or not while a rip is in process. One of those tricks of the mind.

It looks like the next person will have two rips in the AR database to compare to.
                Maybe it will complete all of the track titles and artists names for the next person?

Comment

• Jailhouse
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2016

Maybe it will complete all of the track titles and artists names for the next person?
                  Not likely. Our entries made before ripping don't update the databases CD Ripper uses to populate metadata. (There's a thread discussing that somewhere around here.)

Comment

• Oggy
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2015

Hi Paul,

As you say, submitting it to the database, will add confidence to the next person's rip; Accurate (2).

As previously mentioned, and suggested elsewhere, all we can do to help others, is use, Active Providers - Submit Changes to - freedb. I believe you do this, and hopefully over time, a couple of clicks submitting changes, will assist other users by improving the metadata available from freedb.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jul 2017

Not likely. Our entries made before ripping don't update the databases CD Ripper uses to populate metadata. (There's a thread discussing that somewhere around here.)
                      Oh yes; I remember reading that middle of last year when I first joined here.
                      Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 01-20-2018, 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Oggy
                        Hi Paul,

As you say, submitting it to the database, will add confidence to the next person's rip; Accurate (2).

As previously mentioned, and suggested elsewhere, all we can do to help others, is use, Active Providers - Submit Changes to - freedb. I believe you do this, and hopefully over time, a couple of clicks submitting changes, will assist other users by improving the metadata available from freedb.
                        Thanks Oggy, I always submit my data to the database. I have set it to do so on a daily basis.

Comment

• Oggy
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Apr 2015

Thanks Oggy, I always submit my data to the database. I have set it to do so on a daily basis.
                          Hope this isn't too far off thread, but do you submit to freedb, too? I've recently ripped a couple of boxsets of well known artists, The Allman Brothers Band and Traffic, and was surprised that no composers showed up, so submitted them. As two or three of these are very well known albums, I guess that earlier pressings may well have the composer metadata.

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Hope this isn't too far off thread, but do you submit to freedb, too? I've recently ripped a couple of boxsets of well known artists, The Allman Brothers Band and Traffic, and was surprised that no composers showed up, so submitted them. As two or three of these are very well known albums, I guess that earlier pressings may well have the composer metadata.
                            someone mentioned elsewhere (I think) that freedb database doesn't keep track of composer tag field.

Comment

• Oggy
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by garym
                              someone mentioned elsewhere (I think) that freedb database doesn't keep track of composer tag field.
                              Ok, missed that one, so many thanks, and that would certainly explain the missing Composer tag field. Does seem a shame that there is no easy way of sharing metadata, that people have taken the time to populate.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jul 2017

Hi Oggy, I don't submit to freeb at present. It's something I have not configured. Cheers.

Comment

Working...

]]>