title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ID Tags, Album Art file size.

dBpoweramp Guru

ID Tags, Album Art file size.

Whilst the Album Art maximum pixel size can be set in ID Tags, as there are known issues with some players, could I suggest an additional maximum file size, setting? Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: ID Tags, Album Art file size.

Where would you want the setting. It already exists in CDRipper, the ID Tag Processing DSP and the ID Tag Update utility codec?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Where would you want the setting. It already exists in CDRipper, the ID Tag Processing DSP and the ID Tag Update utility codec?
    In with the art size, for the standard right click Edit ID Tags..

dBpoweramp Guru

This is a function I'm missing too. In those cases I have to take an intermediate step with PhotoShop. An integral one step method to resize the resolution and the file size would be very welcome. It would be perfect if one could reuse the default max resolution and file size of CD Ripper with one click.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

I haven't had a look at the R17 Beta yet to see if this is available there, but file size would definitely be very convenient for me (and a work colleague) alongside pixel size in ID Tags in R16.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes. I'm confused as to what is being requested, given its availability already. I must be missing something on this point. See this picture:
    Capture.JPG

EDIT: I'm on ver 16.6 windows. Maybe the OSX version doesn't have this option?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Yes. I'm confused as to what is being requested, given its availability already. I must be missing something on this point. See this picture:
    Capture.JPG

EDIT: I'm on ver 16.6 windows. Maybe the OSX version doesn't have this option?
    Yes, I'm also on Windows 16.6 and have 300 KB checked and this works as intended in CD Ripper. However, if you right click with dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tags, there is no option for file size and the previous setting is not applied here.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Yes, I'm also on Windows 16.6 and have 300 KB checked and this works as intended in CD Ripper. However, if you right click with dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tags, there is no option for file size and the previous setting is not applied here.
    So, why not use the ID Tag Processing DSP and/or the ID Tag Update utility codec?

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey mville,

So, why not use the ID Tag Processing DSP and/or the ID Tag Update utility codec?
    that isn't quite as handy as just right click the files in explorer, assign and resize the new album art (pixel size and file size).

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    that isn't quite as handy as just right click the files in explorer, assign and resize the new album art (pixel size and file size).
    OK, got it.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey mville,

Dat Ei
    Thanks Dat Ei,

mville, I do use ID Tag Processing DSP to reduce file size, but to be able to it with a simple right click in the editing software, will save time and make a very good programme more flexible and quicker with only a simple modification (it's already in CD Ripper). Everyone could potentially benefit from it.

Oggy

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I haven't had a look at the R17 Beta yet to see if this is available there, but file size would definitely be very convenient for me (and a work colleague) alongside pixel size in ID Tags in R16.
    Thanks Spoon, pleased to see this in R17 Beta where it has already saved some time.

Are there any plans to add this functionality to R16?

Administrator

Sorry no.