title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
    Hi Gary, I just dragged my ripped double-CDs (with two pieces of artwork on) onto my recently returned Sony Walkman. As was hoped, they both display correctly as and when. I can live with Foobar not showing the artwork of a double-CD until you start playing (or click on) the first track. You can't have EVERYTHING in life! Paul.
    Excellent!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
      Excellent!
      Well at least the damn Sony Walkman is good for somethin'!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jul 2017

Hi,

The BATTERY of the so-called-repaired Sony won't charge! So it has had to be sent back again! Not sure what they did to it what would cause this to happen?

They said that they will be able to remove the 'volume capping' raising the maximum value from '90' to '120'.

Pauk

Comment

• Oggy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2015

Hi,

The BATTERY of the so-called-repaired Sony won't charge! So it has had to be sent back again! Not sure what they did to it what would cause this to happen?

They said that they will be able to remove the 'volume capping' raising the maximum value from '90' to '120'.

Pauk
          Hi Paul,

They say that sarcasm, is the lowest form of wit, so, I'll refrain, but at least you now know, that you soon may have, a theoretically fully functioning player!

I do hope, you will soon have a player, that you are delighted with.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Oggy
            I do hope, you will soon have a player, that you are delighted with.
            Hi Oggy, the damn thing has spent more time in TRANSIT that on my ears!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jul 2017

Hi, I ripped my first boxset this morning! Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" (4 x CDs). Paul

Comment

• Jailhouse
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2016

Paul, I can just see it: The player's volume cap will be set to 120, but it will play for only 15 minutes per session and take 10 hours to charge after each session, all to protect your delicate ears.

Oggy, I'm told that punning is the lowest form of wit, possibly because I'm (usually) less sarcastic and more puntastic. Perhaps the truly lowest form of wit is a combination of the two.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jailhouse
                  Paul, I can just see it: The player's volume cap will be set to 120, but it will play for only 15 minutes per session and take 10 hours to charge after each session, all to protect your delicate ears.

Oggy, I'm told that punning is the lowest form of wit, possibly because I'm (usually) less sarcastic and more puntastic. Perhaps the truly lowest form of wit is a combination of the two.
                  Perfect!

Comment

• Oggy
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2015

Hi Oggy, the damn thing has spent more time in TRANSIT that on my ears!
                    At least the new, European Regulation, motion-chargeable, batteries, will be ready for use....
                    Last edited by Oggy; 08-22-2017, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Oggy
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2015

Hi, I ripped my first boxset this morning! Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" (4 x CDs). Paul
                      Shame that the, super-duper, deluxe, 8 CD set, will be available, before you have, a fully functioning, player!

Seriously, with a good naming string, this is straightforward.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Jul 2017

Seriously, with a good naming string, this is straightforward.
                        Oggy, Much of the info on Wiki is incorrect - when you cross ref. it with the CD liner notes. But, more frustratingly, sometimes, if the exact same track appears on multiple albums (by the same artist), references to the original recording session also conflict! (as per: Miles Davis "The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions" boxset). Paul
                        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-22-2017, 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Oggy
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Apr 2015

Oggy, Much of the info on Wiki is incorrect - when you cross ref. it with the CD liner notes. But, more frustratingly, sometimes, if the exact same track appears on multiple albums (by the same artist), references to the original recording session also conflict! (as per: Miles Davis "The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions" boxset). Paul
                          Hi Paul,

I meant ripping the four discs is easy. The track names, occasionally can be a pain: I've seen variations, between, disc, back cover, and inserts before!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Jul 2017

I meant ripping the four discs is easy. The track names, occasionally can be a pain: I've seen variations, between, disc, back cover, and inserts before!
                            I am looking into either having dBpa installed on a second PC, or else buying an external CD writer. I keep having to rip discs in frames!

The lack of consistency between recording session information is shockingly bad!

Comment

• Oggy
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2015

I am looking into either having dBpa installed on a second PC, or else buying an external CD writer. I keep having to rip discs in frames!
                              Hi Paul,

As a percentage, how many discs are having frames, re-ripped, around his many frames, and are they in a consistent part of the CD?

If you are having multi-frame errors, do you clean the CDs and try again?

I have one USB, external, Samsung, slimline DVD, drive, and it is no better than the laptop's, internal drive. However, I have several, internal, full size drives, from old PC towers, which I use externally, via a powered USB adaptor, which rip, noticeably quicker, a couple cope with Copy Control, CDs, one seems to work with HTOA, and between them, the number of tracks with errors, are reduced.

Scratches and defects are a pain, where one drive is not always the best, on every track, from a single CD, so having a few to choose from, will speed up your ripping, and hopefully give you less tracks with errors.

On the other hand, even a very badly scratched CD, with 6 tracks with errors, had no audible errors on my player, but wasn't always good, on my CD player.

I reckon the percentage of CDs, I have ripped, which didn't achieve an AccurateRip, on every track, at around 3-5%.

By the way, have you cleaned the lens, on your CD drive?

Oggy
                              Last edited by Oggy; 08-23-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jul 2017

As a percentage, how many discs are having frames, re-ripped, around his many frames, and are they in a consistent part of the CD?

If you are having multi-frame errors, do you clean the CDs and try again?

I have one USB, external, Samsung, slimline DVD, drive, and it is no better than the laptop's, internal drive. However, I have several, internal, full size drives, from old PC towers, which I use externally, via a powered USB adaptor, which rip, noticeably quicker, a couple cope with Copy Control, CDs, one seems to work with HTOA, and between them, the number of tracks with errors, are reduced.

Scratches and defects are a pain, where one drive is not always the best, on every track, from a single CD, so having a few to choose from, will speed up your ripping, and hopefully give you less tracks with errors.

On the other hand, even a very badly scratched CD, with 6 tracks with errors, had no audible errors on my player, but wasn't always good, on my CD player.

I reckon the percentage of CDs, I have ripped, which didn't achieve an AccurateRip, on every track, at around 3-5%.

By the way, have you cleaned the lens, on your CD drive?
                                Thanks Oggy, It is always the last and/or last-but-one track(s) on the CD. And the CDs are in excellent condition, for the most part. It tries a few 'ultra secure' rips before moving onto ripping in 'frames'. They do complete in the end, but "with errors" - as per notice in PerfectTUNES.

I have wiped the CDs but not the drive lens. My flat does get quite dusty actually! My work PC is in the store today for a free annual health-check. I told them about the CD drive so they said they would take a look.

I installed TRIAL of PerfectTUNES and dBpa onto my home PC this morning. It is taking longer to rip here, but there have been no rejects as yet. Thanks, Paul
                                Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-23-2017, 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...

]]>