title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter Doesn't Keep Track Number Format I Have Set

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbildman
    • May 2007

Batch Converter Doesn't Keep Track Number Format I Have Set

Normally I set the track number as xx/xx, after the convert, the track number is left as just x or xx. Is there anyway to make sure during the conversion process, the track number setting I have enabled remains so I don't have to go back and redo the numbers??

Thanks
    Last edited by bbildman; 07-16-2017, 10:54 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Converter Doesn't Keep Track Number Format I Have Set

Which format are you converting to? some id tag types the track number is held internally as a number and cannot be set as xx/xx
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bbildman
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      Which format are you converting to? some id tag types the track number is held internally as a number and cannot be set as xx/xx
      Hi, I use "Tag&Rename" to set the track numbers, it has different options, "format track * to":

x;0x,00x;xx/xx;xx and Autofill,which has the options for normal x or xx/xx.

The reason I want an xx or xx/xx format is many times I use this for books or music which have more than 10 chapters or songs. On the little mp3 player I use, if there is a first chapter (1) AND a tenth chapter (10), the mp3 player will order them with the first track * as 1, then 10, then 2, 3, 4, etc::

If I have the track numbers formated as either 0x, xx,or xx/xx the mp3 players orders them perfectly. When I use batch converter, the track *s are always formated as x::

1,2,3,4, instead of 01,02, 03 etc.

Any help appreciated. If I have not been clear, tell me which part you do not understand. Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We do not have the option to pad track numbers as you require, sorry.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bbildman
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          We do not have the option to pad track numbers as you require, sorry.
          Ah, thanks Spoon, just the answer I was looking for. I guess I will run my Tag&Rename program AFTER I convert the files.

Comment

Working...

]]>