title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album mis-tagging when ; in tag (sometimes)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quattro
    • Apr 2017

Album mis-tagging when ; in tag (sometimes)

I've set-up my Albums to have "Composer; Album" so they sort by composer first on my various devices--at least that was the plan.

Mostly this has worked fine. But for perhaps 10% of my albums it's just using the text after the semi-colon and ignore what's before ie. the composer. Digging further I see that dbpoweramp seems to have substituted {CR} for ; in those cases, but when you look at the tag in Edit-ID, it still looks like a ; . But in eg. Windows Properties the one that sorts right has the ; and the one that doesn't shows the Composer on the first line and the Album name on the second.

For example I have a set of Beethoven Symphonies. The first CD ripped has the aforementioned problem but later ones don't. In Edit-ID, as far as I can see, the Album tags are identical.

I've put 4 images below:
    - Windows Properties view of problem case (split on to 2 lines)
    - Edit-ID view of same (which shows ; )
    - Windows Properties view of OK case (the 5th Symphony example) with ; intact
    - Edit-ID view of same

I just can't see what's different and how to fix it. Help please!
    Attached Files
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Album mis-tagging when ; in tag (sometimes)

What happens if you use colon instead of semi-colon i.e. Composer: Album, as dBpoweramp uses semi-colon as the separator in multi-value tags?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Fixed here:

Changes Batch Converter added new right click on file(s) >> Show in Explorer or Edit ID Tags mp3 tag reading optimization Apple Lossless encoder no longer requires WaveformatExtensible 1:1 channel mappings Album Sort is no longer split as a multi item tag if has '; ' in the name m4a Show Work Movement is set to 1
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• quattro
        • Apr 2017

In reply to mville...

I think that will work in this regard, but I used a ; because I have some code to sort the music as I rip into folders by composer and then strip off the composer for the filename. : cause filesystem issues though this is not insurmountable. However I've now ripped my whole collection with a ; so keen to avoid a change if possible. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• quattro
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
          Great...and when is this expected to be out of beta? Also, when I have this, to fix the ones where there's a problem do I just go edit, not change anything and save and it will correct or do I have to do something more? Thanks.

Comment

• quattro
            • Apr 2017

Thanks, Spoon. Looks great...When is the beta expected to be final? Also, for albums that have gone wrong will I just have to go into EditID and resave or have to do some different editing first? (Sorry if a reposting; thought I'd posted a reply but seems to have been lost).

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

I am not sure when the beta will release, perhaps 8 weeks.

You would have to edit the existing tag to something else, click ok, then edit it back.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>