title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Musical Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jesper
    • Feb 2015

Musical Blackouts

Hi, I have ripped close to 1000 CD but - when playing these - I experience two severe problems:

(1) a significant number of blackouts from most of the CDs - mostly for a few seconds but occasionally the music is stopped completely.
    (2) The ripped CDs very often only come out with a number of word-like files, i.e. not sound files. E.g. one cd may contain 2/3 sound files which are fine (apart from the blackouts mentioned above) and 1/3 world-like files, which ofcourse are pretty useless.

What can explain these problems and what can be done about it?

Best regards,
    Jesper
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Musical Blackouts

Originally posted by jesper
    I have ripped close to 1000 CD but - when playing these - I experience two severe problems:

(1) a significant number of blackouts from most of the CDs - mostly for a few seconds but occasionally the music is stopped completely.
    Why rip so many CDs when you have severe problems? Please can you provide more information, like what platform/OS, what version of dBpoweramp Music Converter is installed, what file format are you ripping to, what is your playback software, what do you mean by blackouts?

(2) The ripped CDs very often only come out with a number of word-like files, i.e. not sound files. E.g. one cd may contain 2/3 sound files which are fine (apart from the blackouts mentioned above) and 1/3 world-like files, which ofcourse are pretty useless.
    I do not understand what you mean by word-like files. Please can you explain more, perhaps with screenshots?

Comment

• jesper
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by mville
      Why rip so many CDs when you have severe problems? Please can you provide more information, like what platform/OS, what version of dBpoweramp Music Converter is installed, what file format are you ripping to, what is your playback software, what do you mean by blackouts?
      I have a Naim Superunity combined with the Ripnas. By blackouts I mean that the music simply stops for 2-5 seconds quite often. The re-ripping was made necessary as some other problems made it necessary to have a new operating system installed and this caused the deletion of all earlier saved rippings.

I do not understand what you mean by word-like files. Please can you explain more, perhaps with screenshots?
      By Word like files I mean that the sound file is replaced by a message that the text (i.e. of the track] is too long. I am therefore left with this too long track name, which cannot be be renamed and no sound-file. I should stress that the-too-long-text-track is the result of the ripping and not caused by any action from my side.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Too long file names are the results of your tags and naming scheme.

Dat Ei

Comment

• jesper
          • Feb 2015

Please see my comment about the fact that the too long text name for the tracks are NOT the result of my doing but is the result of the actual ripping. I have not added any text at all. Please also note my addition to the first issue, i.e. my clarification that I have a Naim Superunity combined with the Ripnas and my comment about the music that simply stops for 2-5 second repeatedly during the playing of a ripped CD.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

By Word like files I mean that the sound file is replaced by a message that the text (i.e. of the track] is too long. I am therefore left with this too long track name, which cannot be be renamed and no sound-file. I should stress that the-too-long-text-track is the result of the ripping and not caused by any action from my side.
            Please can you post the complete message or a screenshot?

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

I have a Naim Superunity combined with the Ripnas. By blackouts I mean that the music simply stops for 2-5 seconds quite often. The re-ripping was made necessary as some other problems made it necessary to have a new operating system installed and this caused the deletion of all earlier saved rippings.
              Why do you think there is a problem with the ripped files, as it is possible that there is a problem with the Naim Superunity software, playing files from the Ripnas?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The blackouts, do they happen in exactly the same place each time? (if you play the same track over and over).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>