title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: VS2015, Vb.Net, "Cannot create ActiveX component"

VS2015, Vb.Net, "Cannot create ActiveX component"

I've been using dMCScripting for years on my site, but now that I'm moving to a 64-bit host, I'm having problems with it.

Basically, I have Visual Studio 2015 developing on Widows 10. When developing local I get "Cannot create ActiveX component" whenever I try to create the scripting object. I have verified that it appears as a COM reference, that it's registered with regsvr32, that it appears in regedit and that is is the 64-bit dll.

I don't get the error on the Server 2012 R2 box, but I am not getting back any tags with ReadIDTag so I'm trying to troubleshoot locally. I have tried 14 Ref, 14.4 Ref, 15.0 Ref and now 16.0 Ref.

Simple code:

Private Sub test_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    Dim Element(1000) As String, Value(1000) As String

Dim FullPath As String = Server.MapPath("~/2016/20160827_16-35/20160827-11_128k-44h-S.mp3")
    Dim dMC As DMCSCRIPTINGLib.Converter = CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")
    For i As Integer = 0 To 1000
    Element(i) = ""
    Value(i) = ""

Call dMC.ReadIDTag(FullPath, i, Element(i), Value(i))
    If Element(i) = "" Then Exit For
    If Element(i) = "Album" Then Me.output.InnerHtml &= "_AlbumTitle: " & Value(i) & "<br />"
    Next

End Sub

Error message in attachment.

BTW, before you suggest it, VS 2015 doesn't have the option to build for x64, only "Any CPU".

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rwayneross; 08-29-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Administrator

Re: VS2015, Vb.Net, "Cannot create ActiveX component"

We only have VS 2013, when creating a Windows forms application, it does have the x64 option under: Settings >> Build >> Platform Target.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: VS2015, Vb.Net, "Cannot create ActiveX component"

I am using Visual Studio 2015 on a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 PC and have a dMCScripting project working fine.

In my project, I have set a reference to dMCScripting 1.0 Type Library and the Target CPU is set to x64.