title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WHS issues again with RipNas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HectorGhonestpa
    • Aug 2009

WHS issues again with RipNas

Hi Spoon
    Some while ago i had a conversation with you following a HDD fail in my RipNas (now 7 years old). You advised that re-installing WHS Connector was tricky when this happened. With the help of a computer tech we managed to get it operational. the laptop (Windows Vista) with WHS on died and I replaced it with a Windows 10 laptop for the purpose of accessing the Ripnas, although I now use Macs for all other purposes. I purchased some downloads a couple of days ago and when attempting to drag the files to the shared files on WHS remembered I hadn't installed the connector. I carried out the WHS Connector install from \\RipNas\software, but it would not configure the laptop/PC. Consequently, the WHS tray icon which I normally right click on for access to shared music files is greyed out.

It gets worse - i decided to attach a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the back of the RipNas, as i have done before, to move the new files from a portable HDD to RipNas. On the monitor I am getting a message I've not see before telling me to press Ctrl Alt Delete to begin. When I do this nothing happens! Is it time to bin the Ripnas or can you think of anything I can do? BTW I can Remote Desktop WHS to view files and even Rip CDs, but I can't write anything to it.

Any help gratefully received.
    Cheers, Paul
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WHS issues again with RipNas

You do not need connector to access the Ripnas shares, browse trough the network share.

CTRL + ALT + DEL screen is normal for the ripnas, if not accepting then it is likely it is not recognizing your keyboard.

If you can remote desktop to the ripnas it suggests it is working correctly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HectorGhonestpa
      • Aug 2009

[QUOTE=Spoon;167586]You do not need connector to access the Ripnas shares, browse trough the network share.

Thanks Spoon. How do you do that?

Comment

• HectorGhonestpa
        • Aug 2009

Finally cracked it! Thanks for telling me it could be done Spoon.

Comment

Working...

]]>