title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Your professional advice would be very welcome and much appreciated

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lancia200
    • Nov 2015

Your professional advice would be very welcome and much appreciated

Dear dBoweramp forum members,

I'm saving money for a new PC. For the moment I have an old Dell OptiPlex 755 SFF desktop. This PC was bought by default with an HL-DT-ST - DVD-ROM DH10N internal drive. Till I save enough money I have to help myself with my current PC. This PC is running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. However I want to replace the HL-DT-ST - DVD-ROM drive. Here are the options that have been offered to me :

- Asus SBC-06D2X-U/BLK/G
    - Asus SDRW-08D2S-U Lite
    - Asus 90DD01K0-B20000 BLU-RAY INT Combo BC-12D2HT/BLK/G
    - Asus BW-16D1H-U PRO
    - Asus BC-12D2HT Bulk
    - LG BE14NU40
    - LG GP50NB40
    - LG GP70NS50
    - LG GTC0N
    - Pioneer BDR-209DBK
    - Pioneer DVR-TD11RS
    - Plextor PX-820SA
    - Plextor PX-712UF
    - Samsung SE-208GB
    - Samsung SE-208DB
    - Samsung SH-224BB/BEBE
    - Samsung SE-506CB
    - Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-224DB/RSMS
    - Samsung SH-224DB
    - Samsung SE-218CN

Price isn't important to me. It may be an internal or external drive. The most most important aspect for me is how secure the drive can rip and the number of successful rips. I'm not a hero regarding hardware brands and their specs so please can someone help me determine what the best buy would be?

Kind regards.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Your professional advice would be very welcome and much appreciated

See:

AccurateRip collects data from all drives, normally this is only used to verify a disc is accurate, but can be reversed to calculate which drives are the most accurate (as measured by lowest % inaccurate tracks). This test was previously run in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009 and 2006, as time goes on more submissions give a
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lancia200
      • Nov 2015

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your reply but as you have mentioned many of these drives are EOL and nearly impossible to find. I found two or three but the seller on Amazon or eBay won't ship it to my country. I actually wanted to buy an ASUS BW-12D1S-U Blu-Ray external drive. In the AccurateRip Database Offset List I found the following information about this drive:

- ASUS - BW-12D1S-U +667 142 100%

Is it than considered as being a good drive? I'm sorry but I'm not that familiar with such terminology....

Kind regards.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you cannot find specific drives, and 2 cheaper drives which are from different manufacturers are recommended, as if one drive will not rip a disc, the 2nd drive might.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lancia200
          • Nov 2015

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your professional advice as always. One last question today the internal drive will be delivered. I have to replace the existing internal drive with the new one. Will dBpoweramp recognize the new internal drive automatically or do I have to set all parameters from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It will recognize, however you will need to reconfigure the offset (it will prompt).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>