title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Integrated tool

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shawkie
    • Mar 2016

Integrated tool

Instead of multiple different applications each with lots of limitations I would like a single integrated tool. For instance, there is a tag editor but it can't access the online metadata services. There is PerfectTUNES which has a nice AccurateRip feature but again, it can't add metadata to my media files. Album art is yet another application. CD ripping another tool again.

My music collection is entirely composed of rips of entire CDs. I keep two versions. One is in FLAC for my Squeezebox and the other is MP3 for my mobile phone.

I use CDex to rip my CDs to FLAC.

I then use a program of my own to convert any new FLAC files to MP3 (it uses LAME for the actual conversion). If the FLAC files don't already have MCDI tags then my program will add them (it assumes that each directory contains a single disc and that the tracks are numbered). The MCDI tags are added to the MP3 files during the conversion process.

The new MP3 files are automatically added to my Windows Media Player music collection and I use that to add metadata (which mostly comes from AMG). This works because the MP3 files have the MCDI tags necessary to identify the original disc.

Besides converting new FLAC files to MP3 my program also compares the metadata for the two versions of my music collection. It allows me to copy the changes made to the MP3 files by Windows Media Player back to the original FLAC files. It also renames the files and directories to match the artist, album and track names.

What I would like is an application which can take over management of both versions of my music collection, can recognize that I have multiple versions of the same track (from the MCDI tag and track number) and keep the metadata synchronized between them, can search for updated metadata and album art from high quality online services (like AMG), can perform AccurateRip checks and can rip new CDs.
Working...

]]>