title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Some FLAC tags not showing in windows 10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul13bernard@g
    • Feb 2016

Some FLAC tags not showing in windows 10

I know this has come up before but I wondered if anyone can shed any more light on this issue. I rip my CD's to both Flac and MP3. I'm a bit ocd in perfectly naming all the tag information like composer, album artist, contributing artists etc. Since upgrading to windows 10 I only recently noticed that some of the flac files don't display any information in the windows folder. it's all there as it shows up on my media player which is media monkey and my sonos gear. All the MP3 files are ok and most of the flac files are but it seems to be mostly but not exclusively on classical music and only on classical music that is orchestral. ie piano concertos, symphonies etc. Solo music is ok. the conclusion I've drawn is that these pieces have longer file names. So, in album artist you might have Conductor/ soloist/orchestra. Also in some cases where there are 3 composers the same thing happens. Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of characters or if this is a bug with windows 10? It's not the end of the world as the info is there but irritating nonetheless. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Some FLAC tags not showing in windows 10

Windows has their own FLAC tag reader for Windows 10, and as you are finding it is not the great on some files. There is nothing wrong with the files though, just Windows.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• paul13bernard@g
      • Feb 2016

Re: Some FLAC tags not showing in windows 10

Originally posted by Spoon
      Windows has their own FLAC tag reader for Windows 10, and as you are finding it is not the great on some files. There is nothing wrong with the files though, just Windows.
      Thanks for the reply Spoon

Comment

Working...

]]>