title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP R4.6.4 beta for OSX

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Asset UPnP R4.6.4 beta for OSX

Current version: R4.6.4 beta 5

Download:

Changes since R4.6.3:
    • Fixed bugs related to playlists folders in the configuration dialog
    • Added more patterns for detecting disc number values from album title tags
    • Fixed reading of iTunes 'compilation' tag from MP3 files with ID3v2.2 tags.
    • Prevented display of hidden playlist files, .filename.m3u [ beta 5 ]
    • If an indexed folder appears inaccessible, its contents are not pruned from the library until explicitly removed by the user. [ beta 5 ]
    Last edited by PeterP; 02-12-2016, 12:29 PM. Reason: Beta 5
  • tnk
    • Feb 2016

Re: Asset UPnP R4.6.4 beta for OSX

Thank you for this update. I can confirm the bug with the playlists has been fixed.

I've come across two other minor bugs with this version:
    1. Apply & Close does not result in the revised configuration being applied (quitting and reopening does work).
    2. Hidden files (eg .playlist.m3u) are displayed.

Ta

Tom

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Thanks for your feedback.

Which parts of configuration are not applied upon "Apply & Close" ? I cannot confirm this, changes such as file type filters or watched media/playlists folders do get applied.

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Beta 5 posted, addressing a bug reported elsewhere with external USB hard drives, causing whole library content to disappear if the whole volume is temporarily inaccessible.

Comment

• tnk
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by PeterP
          Thanks for your feedback.

Which parts of configuration are not applied upon "Apply & Close" ? I cannot confirm this, changes such as file type filters or watched media/playlists folders do get applied.
          I tried to make a change with the Asset UPnP Identification and this change does not get applied.

T

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Thanks for the report.

Making sure-
            If you edit the setting and click "apply & close" before leaving the editbox, the setting does not get applied.
            If you edit the setting, press enter key to leave the editbox, then click "apply & close", does it get applied correctly for you?

Close-dialog-before-leaving-editbox is a widespread OSX app design glitch; while it is considered a bug in Asset, I've seen it in many other OSX apps before (VirtualBox configuration dialogs for an example).

Comment

• tnk
              • Feb 2016

I tried this again and it is working correctly. Sorry about that and thank you for investigating.

Comment

• PeterP
                Super Moderator
                • Jul 2011

No problem, sounds like my theory is right - hitting 'apply & close' while the editbox is still active did caus recent edits to get lost here, so the bug report is valid. Fixed for the next beta.

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

R4.7 is now available:
                  This is a stable (non beta) release; registered packages will be available from the website shortly. This is the last R4 release; from now on we work on bringing R5 to OSX & Linux. Changes since the previous stable version [OSX] Fixed bugs related to playlists folders in the configuration dialog [Linux] Reworked

Comment

Working...

]]>