title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audiobook Ripping Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fubduck
    • Nov 2015

Audiobook Ripping Wishlist

I have been using dbPoweramp for format conversions for a few years and just realized it included CDRipper. So I'm now using CDRipper for ripping audiobooks. I was using EAC. I do prefer the interface and ripping features of CDRipper. With my audiobooks I use a 3 digit numeric file name for each mp3. I then use a tagger app to add the basic tags to the ripped tracks at the same time, online metadata for audiobooks is spotty and inconsistant at best. For example a book has 10 disks with 15 tracks each giving 150 total tracks. I want the resulting mp3s to be titled 001.mp3 -> 150.mp3. In EAC I used %tracknr3% for naming and the "Continue from last track number" button with each disc. To achieve the same in CDRipper I use [SETLEN]3,48,,[track][] for naming and the following process for each disc in the book, right click a track, hover over "Apply Track Offset Number", click on a number in the pop-out list, repeat until the desired number is achieved. This isn't too bad on books with a few tracks per disc but on some books this can be a major clickfest. I ripped one book that had 9 discs total, 8 with 98 tracks each and the last with 93 tracks, 877 tracks in total. For the last disc which needed to start at track/filename 785 I had to do the above process 9 times, 8x100+1x-16. Not all books are that bad but long books with 20+ discs with 20 tracks each it can still be somewhat of a clickfest.

Granted this is a 1st world problem but is there a way to possibly implement one of the following:

1) Something like EACs "Continue from last track number" button.
    2) Use a freeform field that a number can be directly entered in to.
    3) Change the options in the "Apply Track Offset Number" pop-out list
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,2 00,300,400,500,600,700,800,900 with a negative option
    and possibly the ability to use the ctrl button to select multiple numbers simultaneously.

Thanks for the awesome application.
  • Fubduck
    • Nov 2015

Re: Audiobook Ripping Wishlist

So now that r16 what is possibility to get this added to CD Ripper?

Thanks

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Re: Audiobook Ripping Wishlist

Why don't you use the disc number as leading part in the filename?

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>