title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPNP as a way to get around Sonos 65K tracks limit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pafal
    • Jul 2014

Asset UPNP as a way to get around Sonos 65K tracks limit

I am using Asset UPNP as a way to get around the Sonos 65K track limit.
    It is working but has a bit of a clunky way regarding how to access the songs through the Sonos controller.

A full integration with Sonos, as subsonic has, would make the user experience much better.

So therefore I would like to add this functionality to the Asset UPNP wishlist.
  • pafal
    • Jul 2014

Re: Asset UPNP as a way to get around Sonos 65K tracks limit

About a month ago i switched over to Subsonic to get the functionality of my extended music library accessable in Sonos.
    Sorry to say but even though the Sonos integration is marvelous within Subsonic most of the rest of the functionality can't compete with Asset UPNP.

So with this in mind I once again would like to request Sonos support in Asset. Would be more then happy to pay a fee again for this functionality.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by pafal
      Sorry to say but even though the Sonos integration is marvelous within Subsonic most of the rest of the functionality can't compete with Asset UPNP.

So with this in mind I once again would like to request Sonos support in Asset. Would be more then happy to pay a fee again for this functionality.
      Asset is a UPnP/DLNA server and your Sonos needs to support the UPnP/DLNA protocol to work with it.

If I recall, the Sonos IS UPnP/DLNA compatible. I'm not sure what you are asking for here. Please advise?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The sonos was DLNA compatible, then for reasons unknown they released a firmware update which reduced compatibility specifically to Windows Media Player UPNP, I am guessing subsonic emulates WMP.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pafal
          • Jul 2014

Sonos is UPnP/DLNA compatible and if I use a UPnP controller I can send music from Asset UPNP today without problem.

What I am asking for is the functionality to integrate Asset UPnP as a music service in the Sonos controller. Thereby use Asset UPnP just like Spotify, Tidal or any other service from the Sonos controller interface. Thereby getting the full Sonos experience.

Please see how subsonic has achieved this in this link.

Comment

Working...

]]>