title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: MD5 Checksums are changed when converting from FLAC 1.3.0 to FLAC 1.3.1

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Antwerpen
    Posts
    22

    MD5 Checksums are changed when converting from FLAC 1.3.0 to FLAC 1.3.1

    I converted my masters in FLAC Uncompressed 24bit audio, also to FLAC Uncompressed but with FLAC 1.3.1
    When i after the conversion do calculated checksum the MD5 hash is different then the original source files,
    The CRC32 checksum stays the same.
    ID tags are not changed frome the original source.
    So does this really means my files are corrupted ?
    I did a test conversion in the latest Dbpoweramp, and a file intregity in foobar and a third check in FLAC fronted test and no errors occured.
    I'm really worried about my masters since i dont have the original wav file's anymore.
    Any help would be apreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    40,389

    Re: MD5 Checksums are changed when converting from FLAC 1.3.0 to FLAC 1.3.1

    We updated [Calculate Audio CRC] a number of months back to standardise on the MD5 hash (as uses by other programs), it is likely that.

    If the CRC32 is the same then the audio is the same as there is a 1 in 4 billion chance of that getting it wrong...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Antwerpen
    Posts
    22

    Re: MD5 Checksums are changed when converting from FLAC 1.3.0 to FLAC 1.3.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We updated [Calculate Audio CRC] a number of months back to standardise on the MD5 hash (as uses by other programs), it is likely that.

    If the CRC32 is the same then the audio is the same as there is a 1 in 4 billion chance of that getting it wrong...
    Thank you Spoon. Ofcourse i was very afraid at firdt i tought they all where corrupted but it was indeed after the latest update of dbpoweramp and update of calculate audio crc when the md5 hash changed.
    However the CRC are still the same like the previous calculations only not the md5 hash.
    Also no errors while playing, encoding, decoding.
    And i did a test conversion in dbpoweramp and a file integrety checker in foobar and they both scan the files correctly without errors.
    So my guess is the flac files are still bit for bit exact the same as the original wavs like you said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •