title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP: API for streaming status

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exec
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2007

Asset UPnP: API for streaming status

Hi!

I would suggest an API for Asset UPnP, which you can at least query for a streaming status (if the server is currently streaming or not) by external programs.

Why this feature request?
    I have Asset running on a home server (Windows Server 2012 R2). This server isn't running 24/7. It goes to standby when not needed and can be woken by wake on LAN. When configured that it should go to standby after 15 minutes, Windows doesn't recognize that there is still activity on the server (access to network shares, currently active streaming, etc.). In order to cope with this behavior, I made the software Windows Server Advanced Power Management. As the name suggests, it offers an advanced power management for Windows computers (not only servers) by defining policies by which the computer must not go to standby.

Now I want to extend the software so that it can recognize if there is any active streaming. Unfortunately this can't be done by just looking at the network load (I assume that some kind of buffering takes place). So the best solution would be if the streaming software would offer an opportunity to recognize that it is currently streaming.

It is possible to extend Asset UPnP with an API?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP: API for streaming status

Asset will already request that windows never enter the sleep state if it is actively streaming:

SetThreadExecutionState(ES_CONTINUOUS + ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED);
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• exec
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2007

Hi Spoon!

OK, this is good news. I can verify it by using powercfg -requests.
      Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work when using playlists. I've added a folder to Asset containing playlists (m3u files, in my case containing URLs for internet radio). When streaming these playlists, the standby doesn't get supressed.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps it is whilst it is released between tracks (if your player is like that), I will do a different way for the next beta
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>