title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Linux Asset conflating albums of same name regardless of Artist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dead Things
    • Feb 2015

Linux Asset conflating albums of same name regardless of Artist

Hi there! Hoping somebody might be able to point me in the right direction here...

I recently switched from Windows Asset to Linux, as I don't have a Windows home server any more. A new problem has cropped up since making the switch. Asset is conflating albums of the same name regardless of Artist when played through a Roku Soundbridge. Instead, it only plays whatever was the first album loaded into the playlist - and this behaviour remains the same in both Artist > Album view and just plain Album view. So, for example...

Aerosmith > Greatest Hits
    David Lee Roth > Greatest Hits
    Survivor > Greatest Hits

...all play just the Survivor compilation. There's no way I can access the Aerosmith or Diamond Dave compilations through the Soundbridge any more, even though the files are on the server.

Screenshots of my current config attached. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Linux Asset conflating albums of same name regardless of Artist

If you browse into the Greatest hits folders, on the roku, does it show the correct tracks?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dead Things
      • Feb 2015

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid not - it only shows the Survivor tracks for any album named "Greatest Hits."

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which version asset do you have?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Thanks for the bug report.

First, it looks like you're using an older version of Asset for Linux. Please get the latest (4.4 or 4.5 beta); if it doesn't fix the bug you're experiencing, it will at least make further troubleshooting easier.

Once you have the latest version, do a 'rescan all' cycle. If the problem persists, use 'download configuration dump' in the settings page to get a snapshot of your database and configuration; email the .tar.gz file it produces to peter@dbpoweramp.com .

Comment

• Dead Things
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PeterP

First, it looks like you're using an older version of Asset for Linux. Please get the latest (4.4 or 4.5 beta); if it doesn't fix the bug you're experiencing, it will at least make further troubleshooting easier.

Once you have the latest version, do a 'rescan all' cycle. If the problem persists, use 'download configuration dump' in the settings page to get a snapshot of your database and configuration; email the .tar.gz file it produces to peter@dbpoweramp.com .
            Thanks both - and you are correct, I had been using R4.3. I'm now running R4.4 and did a Rescall All. A similar behaviour persists, only now it plays the album of whatever artists is alphabetically first. I will send my config dump via email - thanks for your efforts!

Comment

• Dead Things
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PeterP

Thanks both - and you are correct, I had been using R4.3. I'm now running R4.4 and did a Rescall All. A similar behaviour persists, only now it plays the album of whatever artists is alphabetically first. I will send my config dump via email - thanks for your efforts!

Comment

• Felix
                • Feb 2015

I can confirm the same problem for Asset UPnP R4.4 running on my Raspberry Pi.

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

Thanks for the feedback. The bug has been fixed, a new build (4.5 beta) with the fix will be available shortly.

Comment

• Dead Things
                    • Feb 2015

Finally had a chance to install R4.5 beta today - did a Rescan All, and I regret to report that I'm getting the same browse behaviour on my Soundbridge as I was with R4.3 and R4.4. Using the Linux x64 version.

Comment

• PeterP
                      Super Moderator
                      • Jul 2011

I'm sorry that it still doesn't work for you.
                      I forgot to mention that the information in your library state is fine, there is no need to perform rescans, the problem is entirely rendering related.

While the issue was apparent with earlier Asset versions, as far as I can tell it is gone in the current 4.5 build-
                      249c9306976f739e4e1abfc21b4ae395 Asset-R4.5 beta-Linux-x64-trial.tar.gz
                      Direct link | Forum thread

Details:
                      I browse Album / [All Albums], there are 3 "Greatest Hits" entries but with different pictures and album artists.

Bad behavior (before Asset 4.5 beta build 2015-02-26)
                      The first browsed "Greatest Hits" folder is cached and browsing the others shows you the same track list.

Correct behavior (Asset 4.5 beta build 2015-02-26)
                      Each "Greatest Hits" entry opens a distinct album, having respectively 16, 10 and 10 tracks.

Speculation:
                      Maybe the player is doing some kind of caching? Did you shut the Asset process down before putting the new version in place?
                      Last edited by PeterP; 03-03-2015, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>