title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bug in Read Metadata DSP

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3

    Bug in Read Metadata DSP

    Hello,

    I believe I have found a bug in the Read Metadata DSP of the Batch Converter (R14).

    There's a song with title "Cosmic Ascension (feat. DJ Jrg)".
    I'm having trouble with the character "".

    dbPoweramp
    When I enter this metadata in dbPoweramp, through Write Metadata DSP, it writes a .xml file containing literally the character "".

    Batch Converter
    However, when I use that .xml file as input for Read Metadata DSP of Batch Converter, no metadata is written to the output file.

    When I change the character "" to "ö", it does not write the metadata to the output file.
    When I change the character "" to "o", it does write the metadata to the output file.
    Could it be that special characters like that aren't handled the same way?

    What I am doing is archiving my music in .wav format and keeping the metadata in a .xml file.
    The reason is that not all programs (read iTunes) seem to be able to read embedded metadata from a .wav file.

    Thanks in advance for having a look,

    Dominic

    P.S. Example metadata file in attachment 05 Track05.xml.txt

  2. #2
    TrinitySoftware
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Huizen, Holland
    Posts
    153

    Re: Bug in Read Metadata DSP

    Hi Dominic,

    I'm trying to reproduce your issue. Can you tell me which version of the DSP effects package you have installed? You can find the DSP effects version number in the dBpoweramp configuration program, under the "versions" tab.

    Best regards,
    Daren.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3

    Re: Bug in Read Metadata DSP

    Hello Daren,

    Thanks for your reply.

    The DSP effects package I have installed is Release 9.

    Kind regards,

    Dominic

  4. #4
    TrinitySoftware
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Huizen, Holland
    Posts
    153

    Re: Bug in Read Metadata DSP

    Hi Dominic,

    The XML writer DSP writes UTF-8 files, but your example file is not UTF-8. In UTF-8, the "" character is made up of two bytes (when viewed in a hex editor) "C3 B6", in the example it is just one byte. The DSP also writes lots of other data to the output file, which is not in your example.

    Are you using an XSLT to translate the output data? If so, could you try and run the write and read process without the XSLT?

    If not, it might be worth upgrading your installation to R15 to get the very latest versions of the XML read/write DSP's.

    Best regards,
    Daren.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3

    Re: Bug in Read Metadata DSP

    Hello Daren,

    Indeed I modified the output file (with notepad, not XSLT) to move the IDTags from ConvertedFile to SourceFile.
    It never occurred to me that data might get lost this way.

    As you suggested, I've rerun my flow doing only metadata DSP - and paying attention to the encoding this time.
    It works :-)

    Now I feel like a proper idiot having started a thread called "Bug" when that is clearly not the case... serves me right I suppose.
    Please accept my apologies; and thank you very much for your assistance.

    Kind regards,

    Dominic

  6. #6
    TrinitySoftware
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Huizen, Holland
    Posts
    153

    Re: Bug in Read Metadata DSP

    No problem Dominic, happy to help!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •