title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4p to mp3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: m4p to mp3

Take a look at the "hymn" project.

Hymn (short for “Hear Your Music aNywhere”) was an application for removing FairPlay DRM from music bought from the iTunes Store. Hymn isn’t available any more, but this page exists to tell its story.

I haven't tried the software yet but they claim to at least be able to remove the DRM from iTunes .m4p files.

Comment

• Unregistered

Indeed!

Use hymn to convert to a .m4a file. Then you can use iTunes itself to convert .m4a files to .mp3 files.

Et voila!

Comment

• Unregistered

Walmart.com wma files

I was buying my files from walmart.com before I switched to iTunes and I wold not recommend anyone switching to walmart.com. Their music files are protected as well and they will only play through Windows Media Player 9 (which I totally hate).

I tried converting my protected wma files into anything else just so that I could play them with Winamp, and I couldn't do it. I'm sure that I could've used the burn to CD and ripp technique.

So far iTunes has been the easiest to use for converting to m4a (using hymn.NET) and then converting them to mp3.

I can even play iTunes protected files in Winamp without converting anything (There is a Winamp plug-in that enables you to do that). The walmart.com wma protected files won't even attempt to play in Winamp.

Do your selves a favor, stay with iTunes...

Comment

• Unregistered

Apple I Tunes allows you to burn your ACC (M4P) files to an audio CD. Burn them off, and then rip them to mp3 off of the CD.

The only drawback is that you lose your tagging information

Comment

• iMP3issedoff

Kids,

I think we have lost sight of what this thread was originally about. I believe the solution to this is:

FIND A PROGRAM THAT WILL SEEMLESSLY ENCODE AN MP3 FILE FROM AN M4P FILE!

If anyone has either programmed a program to do this or found a program that will PLEASE! Post the link. Until then I don't want to see anymore posts.

Comment

• Unregistered

Ogg Vorbissssssssssssssssss is best audio codec!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........

Comment

• Unregistered

I think someone mentioned earlier that when they burned the music to CD using iTunes and then ripped it to MP3, they lost the tag info and all that. I had no such problem. I burnt the CD using iTunes and ripped it using Winamp. All the tag info was transferred and this entire process only took me like 20 minutes (17 tracks!)

Comment

• Unregistered

Hymn. Is this the Holy Grail? Greg

Comment

• Unregistered

Check out http:\\hymn-project.org.

Comment

• Unregistered

I asked this same question on another forum and got an answer that worked absoulutely perfect. It is as follows:

You will need two programs to accomplish this task. (BTW: They are both freeware )

First you will need to use Hymn to de-DRM the M4p file into an M4a file. Then you will need to convert the M4a file to Mp3 with dBpower Amp Music Converter. It doesn't take long at all.

Here are the links to download the programs.

Hymn:

Hymn (short for “Hear Your Music aNywhere”) was an application for removing FairPlay DRM from music bought from the iTunes Store. Hymn isn’t available any more, but this page exists to tell its story.

dBpower Amp Music Converter:

http://download.com.com/redir?pid=10249519&merid=83769&mfgid=83769<ype=dl_ dlnow&lop=link&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-2140-10249519&ontId=2140&destUrl=%2F3001-2140-10249519.html

Note: Once you have dBpower Amp Music Converter installed, you will need to download and install the following codec to decode the M4a file:

Once you have everything installed, here is what you do to make the conversion:

1. Copy your M4p files into the directory where the hymn.exe file is located.

2. Drag and drop the M4p file (or files) onto the hymn.exe file. Once you have done this the conversion to M4a begins. The new files will go into this same directory. The only problem is that now you have to decipher which file is an M4p and which is an M4a. One way you can get around this is to assign a new icon for all M4p files so you can distinguish them from the M4a files.

3. Once the conversion from M4p to M4a is finished, you need to open dBpower Amp Music Converter. I have not found out a way to batch convert with this program, so you will need to convert one file at a time here. Search for the directory that contains the M4a files and double click on a file that you want to convert to Mp3.

Once you have double clicked the file to convert, the program window opens and you must first make sure that you have chosen the correct options for your file conversion. The dropdown menu at the top of the window will contain the options to convert to wav or mp3. Choose mp3. You will have the choice of changing the output folder or having the converted file placed in the folder of the source file. It's easy to miss the little slider thingy in the green bar that denotes the bit rate. Slide it to the left to lower the output bitrate or to the right to increase the bit rate.

Once you have tweaked your settings, you won't have to do it again for the next file. It retains the settings from the previous conversion.

Now press the <Convert> button at the bottom right hand side of the window, and voilĂ , your mp3 is created!!!

Comment

• Unregistered

bravo!

worked great

-s

Comment

• kid-stardust

you guys are my heroes ! indeed, it worked perfectly fine

Comment

• settsu

so nice. so very nice.

Comment

• Unregistered

anyone looked through itunes options? under the burning tab, u can tell it to burn an mp3 cd. just get a virtual burning program, or burn to a cdrw, and voila, instant mp3s

Comment

• Polymorph

Select all the files you want to convert and drag and drop on hymn.exe and its sweet!!

Comment

Working...

]]>