title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe.lafferty
    • Jan 2015

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Hi, new to dBpoweramp as a mac user. pretty good for a beta!
    how will I learn that the final programme has been issued so I can purchase?
    also be good to have the ability to set up and configure accurate rip.
    thanks!
    Joe

Comment

• belgraviaboy
      • Jan 2015

Spoon

Thanks - I was being an idiot and have now sorted it.

Comment

• Janner100
        • Jan 2015

My DBpoweramp has stopped working and I am looking to buy the registration for OS X. Is this yet possible if not when is the expected date? Great programme which I have used for some years before swapping to Mac

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you uninstall and reinstall (latest from this forum) then the expiry date is extended.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• flips
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by flips
            So, nobody knows how I can nuke whatever settings/prefs makes whatever new beta just show a blank window for CD ripper?
            (I can create a new user, but that would make me migrate lots of data everytime this happens, happened four or five times so far ...)
            Well, finally I figured it out. Not sure what I tried or didn't previously. Maybe I only deleted Preferences plist files and saved application state or something.

When it locks up, to nuke all the settings to restore dBPowerAMP CD Ripper to a working state I deleted:
            ~/Library/dBpoweramp/XRegistry

Comment

• Mark1978
              • Jan 2015

hi spoon, firstly thank you very much for the beta version of dbpoweramp for mac OS X. may i just comment about the rather blocky look around icons and text, maybe because I'm using a macbook pro retina however will this be an issue that will be addressed when it comes for final release?. its not much of a concern however it would be nice to see the program for native support for retina displays. one last question would be do you have any ideas of when this might go to full release and how much roughly would the software cost as i would be very interested in purchasing this piece of software

regards, mark

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It will most likely be the same price as the Windows version.

Icons are not set for updating until R2 (in line with R16 dBpoweramp for Windows which will have the interface updated)
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wyotex
                  • Jan 2015

I have been using the Beta for Mac download. I have been using OS X 10.10.1 since Nov. As of Jan 7 CD ripper started having blinking pull down boxes and the Configuring Cd ripper box pops up and down. I am not able to have the app get to a usable state. I tried trashing and downloading a new copy. That did not work.
                  Any Suggestions?

Comment

• supersonic
                    • Sep 2014

Wyotex, have you added an external hard drive or similar. I have continually had this problem since downloading v7. It seems to consider my WD hard drive a virtual CD, and keeps trying to configure accurate rip for it. However, up to now at least, put a CD in the actual CD drive and you get the option to choose the actual Cd drive, and everything works, though its a bit of a pain. However I have just tried v11, managed to rip 1 CD this way, but since then the program freezes, the boxes have stopped blinking but remains as configuring accurate rip. I can however still exit.

Comment

• supersonic
                      • Sep 2014

Actually just got it to read a CD again, with technique noted above. It would be good if I could deselect the Virtual Cd option, rather than wait to have to choose the actual CD drive when a CD is inserted. I think I read in another post that normally there is nothing to select until a CD is inserted, so I presume this feature has something to do with the problem

Comment

• PeterP
                        Super Moderator
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by flips
                        Well, finally I figured it out. Not sure what I tried or didn't previously. Maybe I only deleted Preferences plist files and saved application state or something.

When it locks up, to nuke all the settings to restore dBPowerAMP CD Ripper to a working state I deleted:
                        ~/Library/dBpoweramp/XRegistry
                        Hello and sorry about the late reply.

Looks like a serious bug, though mysteriously it seems to be isolated to your specific configuration; we have been unable to reproduce it.

It would be most welcome if you could email the malformed XRegistry file to peter@dbpoweramp.com

Thanks.

Comment

• PeterP
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by supersonic
                          Actually just got it to read a CD again, with technique noted above. It would be good if I could deselect the Virtual Cd option, rather than wait to have to choose the actual CD drive when a CD is inserted. I think I read in another post that normally there is nothing to select until a CD is inserted, so I presume this feature has something to do with the problem
                          Problem confirmed. The WD Passport does actually present a virtual CD device (though there are ways to turn that functionality off, says Google). However dBpoweramp for OSX misbehaves in specific scenarios when the drive is not in the AccurateRip database.

Fixing now, thanks for reporting.

Comment

• v0rtex99
                            • Jan 2011

I have been using the Mac Beta for the last few months without any issue until yesterday. For some inexplicable reason the CD Ripper just won't work after it is opened up. It is almost like it has frozen, but the album art for the CD does show up and it appears if I hit the rip button that it will rip. But other than that nothing, no tracks, I can't click on buttons, etc. I have updated to the latest Beta of dBpoweramp as well as the latest OS X 10.10.2. I would love some assistance. Thanks!
                            Last edited by v0rtex99; 01-28-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• wyotex
                              • Jan 2015

Supersonic, I have not added an external drive but I do have external WD drives. This has been a suspect as DBpoweramp no longer shows my cd drive only the virtual WD drive. I have tried inserting a cd before and after starting dbpoweramp ripper but nothing is working.

Comment

• supersonic
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by wyotex
                                Supersonic, I have not added an external drive but I do have external WD drives. This has been a suspect as DBpoweramp no longer shows my cd drive only the virtual WD drive. I have tried inserting a cd before and after starting dbpoweramp ripper but nothing is working.
                                Hi
                                Hopefully there will soon be a fix as PeterP notes above. In the meantime, where the virtual Cd drive is listed( in the menu items, not the flashing box) there is a drop down menu. If you click on that, with a CD inserted, you should get another drive listed, which will be the one the CD is in. Hope this helps, otherwise its just wait for the fix I'm afraid

Comment

Working...

]]>