title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

shn codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

shn codec

Does anyone know if there are any plans to add a codec for shorten (.shn) encoding? This seems to be a prefered format for online trading of live audio shows.
  • muzikar
    • Jun 2002

Excellent timing on your shn question. I, too, have just been introduced to shn's and find I need to convert them to a more usable platform, that being mp3's. I did find Shorten at:
    Shorten , but let's admit it. It ain't a Spoon product, so it ain't the best.

Oh, Spoon. You'll find some $$ in your PayPal account. I've been using dBpowerAMP now for a good six months and thought a post-honeymoon present would be appreciated.:smile2:

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Thanks

From the recent survey on the old forum, MusePack and Shorten came out as the codecs to write next.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• muhr

Is there an ETA on the availability of Shorten support?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

I forget where I was upto now, most of it was written. I need to take a look at the MPC and SHN stuff that was written, I think it was APE v2 tags that slowed things down.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

If fanfare will help draw your focus to the shn codec, I would like to raise my glass. I have been archiving wav files in .ape, but trade a lot in .shn. So far I have yet to find a conversion utility to take files directly from .shn to .ape and back without having to go through .wav. I have very recently found dbPowerAmp, and if a .shn codec comes through as well as the other plugin codecs, this solution will most certainly be the one...

Thank you Spoon...

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: shn codec

I tried your codec, for converting SHN to WAV/MP3.

BUT there is a PROBLEM!!!

It is stopping at 22%
              its a larger SHN file.. 44meg..

have you limited the size?
              or is this a limitation on the demo of djpoweramp?

please tell me!!!

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Re: shn codec

it stops and freezes?

i just did a 32meg convert from shn to mp3 ok. there should be no limitations imposed by the software. there must be a problem somewhere. does any other shn file convert ok?

Comment

Working...

]]>