title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP for QNAP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP for QNAP

Seems like a bug in Kinsky, rather than wait for Linn to fix, we will cache the last art, this will allow the ARM cpu to serve it with minimal %, but kinksy really should not be requesting it over and over 100 times
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• phambro
      • Dec 2013

Hi Spoon,
      I have encountered another issue with Asset for QNAP (Intel). When I open the Album container, Albums are listed, but when I open an album, no track titles are listed, nor can a playlist be created.
      When I open the Artist/Album or Composer containers, albums are listed and the track titles appear on opening an album. As a comparison, Asset for Windows functions properly, so I don't believe that it's a problem with Kinsky.
      I currently have approximately 450 albums, 5000 tracks loaded on the QNAP.

Comment

• kg648
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2011

Just a quick one.

I have just rolled back to the previous build 6 and it does not appear to have the issue which is strange, been listening for just over 3 hours and not one pause in a track however resource usage is still high and can't see it requesting artwork multiple times. I'll keep listening until I have to go to work and see what happens.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by phambro
          Hi Spoon,
          I have encountered another issue with Asset for QNAP (Intel). When I open the Album container, Albums are listed, but when I open an album, no track titles are listed, nor can a playlist be created.
          When I open the Artist/Album or Composer containers, albums are listed and the track titles appear on opening an album. As a comparison, Asset for Windows functions properly, so I don't believe that it's a problem with Kinsky.
          I currently have approximately 450 albums, 5000 tracks loaded on the QNAP.
          Thank you four your feedback. Did you apply any customizations to the browsing tree or does the problem happen with default browsing tree configuration?

Originally posted by kg648
          Just a quick one.

I have just rolled back to the previous build 6 and it does not appear to have the issue which is strange, been listening for just over 3 hours and not one pause in a track however resource usage is still high and can't see it requesting artwork multiple times. I'll keep listening until I have to go to work and see what happens.
          As strange as it might sound, we know why the older beta performed better, a workaround for another issue made picture serving even slower. Thanks to your reports the next beta will be made faster again.

Comment

• phambro
            • Dec 2013

Hi Peter,
            While I have briefly looked at the browse tree, I don't believe that I made any changes to it. Looking at it, I see that Artist/Album, Album. Title, Composer and a few others are all configured the same - A to Z is checked and no track list is checked.

I have just clicked on "get defaults" and "apply", and the problem still persists when I open the Album container.

Comment

• charger93012
              • Jul 2007

Hey Spoon,

Any chance of getting a x86 (not 64 bit build)?
              I've got a 259Pro+ that I'd like to use for this.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

We do not have this model NAS to build on, sorry.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by phambro
                  Hi Peter,
                  While I have briefly looked at the browse tree, I don't believe that I made any changes to it. Looking at it, I see that Artist/Album, Album. Title, Composer and a few others are all configured the same - A to Z is checked and no track list is checked.

I have just clicked on "get defaults" and "apply", and the problem still persists when I open the Album container.
                  Thanks for the report. The bug has been fixed, the next beta will correct this.
                  The "no track list" check box state is wrong upon page load (always same as the other checkbox), even if you click "get defaults" - resulting in malformed configuration after most edits to the tree.

Comment

• Gandalf_fi
                    • Jan 2014

I have same "connectivity issue" than baardog & Declaration, described here:

In my case I use HS-210 & connection inside home network, if I try to open ":45537" comes always "unable to open" no matter if I use two different PCs (lan) or Ipod (wlan).
                    Restarts etc. done. I bet that this is not a firewall issue.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Update 30th January

- Fixed more radio handling bugs
                      - MP3 encoding disabled for ARM CPUs
                      - Improved album art picture caching - reduced CPU usage with repeated album art requests
                      - [ x64 CPU series ] Fixed nonsensical bitrate value reported to UPnP control points & renderers; hopefully improved compatibility
                      - [ QNAP x09 series ] Fixed incomplete reading of tags with cover art data present
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kg648
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
                        Update 30th January

- Fixed more radio handling bugs
                        - MP3 encoding disabled for ARM CPUs
                        - Improved album art picture caching - reduced CPU usage with repeated album art requests
                        - [ x64 CPU series ] Fixed nonsensical bitrate value reported to UPnP control points & renderers; hopefully improved compatibility
                        - [ QNAP x09 series ] Fixed incomplete reading of tags with cover art data present
                        Is this in 7.0.1?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Sorry I did not update the links <blush> it is Test8 and updated now.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kg648
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • May 2011

No problem, thanks again Spoon :D

Installed, just waiting for it to start indexing everything

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

@Gandalf

Please install Test8 and see if you still have the issue.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kg648
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • May 2011

Spoon,

Just an observation, it appears the CPU usage is much lower overall during rescans - fantastic sitting around 60-70%, but.... should there be two processes running? - still rescanning 38k to go!!!

Comment

Working...

]]>