title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot install new lookup credits

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • callmejack
    • Sep 2013

Cannot install new lookup credits

When I try to create a new account in batch ripper in order to link it to my new purchase of credits, it says unable to create account, please retry. I also tried to type a username & password instead of creating a new account but it says "cannot connect to secure.dbpoweramp.com, please check internet connection". I have tried to disable my local firewall, but with no effect.

Is there a manual install procedure ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot install new lookup credits

There is no manual procedure.

In CD ripper see if Accuraterip loads data as this is on the same server as secure.dbpoweramp.com
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• callmejack
      • Sep 2013

yes, cd ripper can load data (accurate rip, meta data, album art) without problem. Bathc ripper was also working with the 400 first free credits, it's just that I cannot extend it now that I have used them all.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There must be a firewall blocking as the connection batch ripper uses is very simple.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• callmejack
          • Sep 2013

after some testing, the problem was indeed a firewall problem, but not from the windows firewall. I have an Astaro firewall that protects my whole network and it does tranparent web filtering. Normally with standard http traffic, it causes no problem but here it seems that it was considering the traffic to be some kind of abnormal. I whithelisted the address http://secure.dbpoweramp.com and it works fine.

Comment

Working...

]]>