title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Best quality when converting 24-bit 96khz FLAC to regular or 16-bit 44,1 wav for CD

Smile Best quality when converting 24-bit 96khz FLAC to regular or 16-bit 44,1 wav for CD

What is the best possible setting for this conversion? Must I use a DSP like bit-depth and which setting for dithering?

Administrator

Re: Best quality when converting 24-bit 96khz FLAC to regular or 16-bit 44,1 wav for

Use the DSP effect:

Resample (44.1khz)
    Bit depth 16 bit (with TDPF dither)

Re: Best quality when converting 24-bit 96khz FLAC to regular or 16-bit 44,1 wav for

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Use the DSP effect:

Resample (44.1khz)
    Bit depth 16 bit (with TDPF dither)
    Seems that this works fine, conversion speed goes down from over 35 (without DSP) to now 6x!
    Must I set exact this order, first bit depth and then resample?
    And what about the settings im the main window under converting to - uncompressed: i chosed 16bit CD and 44.1khz, together with the settings you told me for the 2 DSP?!

Administrator

For best quality use that order yes. It is slower because we use a high quality resampler which has to do lots of work behind the scenes.

For the wave page use [as source] for all the options and uncompressed.