title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dMCScripting.Converter

dMCScripting.Converter

I'm attempting to read the id3 tags created by dBpoweramp within my .wav files
    I'm doing this through python 2.7 and am utilising the win32api and win32com.client on my windows 7 PC.
    However it appears that I need the dMCScripting.Converter in order to access audio information via
    AudioProperties and ReadIDTagElementValue
    Where and how do I obtain dMCScripting.Converter and am I even on the right track?

Administrator

Re: dMCScripting.Converter

It is installed with dBpoweramp, try the scripting .vbs example, save the file and run it from your computer, if dMCScripting.Converter is working it will show various things.

Thanks for instantaneous response - however I don't appear to have any .vbs files installed within dBpoweramp. Is it possible I installed code without scripting features (I was originally only interested in ripping and converting my music collection and setting tag information)

Apologies - it's late - didn't realise the vbs script was in your web pages. Copied the script and ran - everything ran ok so it would appear that dMCScripting.Converter is installed and is working.

However - python code:-
    dmc = win32com.client.Dispatch("dMCScripting.Converter")

just returns error
    com_error: (-2147221164, 'Class not registered', None, None)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Baillie View Post
    However - python code:-
    dmc = win32com.client.Dispatch("dMCScripting.Converter")

just returns error
    com_error: (-2147221164, 'Class not registered', None, None)
    Try changing dMCScripting.Converter to dMCScriptinglib.Converter

thanks - ok did that, but now have:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Graeme\Documents\Python Code\ReadID3.py", line 3, in <module>
    dmc = win32com.client.Dispatch("dMCScriptinglib.Converte r")
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python2.7.3\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 95, in Dispatch
    dispatch, userName = dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userN ame,clsctx)
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python2.7.3\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 114, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
    return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName)
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python2.7.3\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 91, in _GetGoodDispatch
    IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx, pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
    com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)

think I'm now out in python error country - unless anyone has any ideas