title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Spoons MasterPlan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Spoons MasterPlan

Originally posted by Spoon
    It depends upon the Audio Type, all tags are written, but for an Ogg file, or FLAC file, if the file is playing when being edited in MMC then the tag cannot be updated. I need to add some sort of delayed tag writing.
    it seems that's a small nit pic? i must be from the old school of thought?

1. before each album rip it is best to defrag for optimal ripping.
    2. when ripping, no other programe should be running, as it can decrease the potential performance of an accurate rip in the first place.
    3. when tag editing, that's all you should be doing, is editing the tag. why play and edit and rip and convert all at the same time.??

have we all lost the plot? to me it's only common sense when using audio apps one must be carefull when editing and ripping and taging.

i know Spoon is trying to cater for dbpoweramp to be able to perform all these functions when doing other tasks at the same time, but i think one only has to use a little more common sense in understanding audio needs to be treated carefully for it to all work properly.

it's just there is know way i would ever have wanted to edit a tag whilst playing the track? are we living in such a fast lane we want everythiung to happen and happen now? :p :p

Comment

• RossRoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2003

Well I personnally like to edit my tags right in MMC, but I also like to listen to music because let's admit it, editing tags is time consuming and without music, it's quite boring! So what I usually do I edit the music genre to "tagging" and start selective play! No problem with the track being edited being chosen for playback and I can still listen to music! :D

Comment

• Unregistered

Spoon, you must be a god among men to be so diligent, hard working, and proactive. You have added pretty much all of my wishlist stuff to your master plan, so now I must sit back and wait with baited breath as you work your unique magic.

The only thing I wanted that you didn't mention is the Md5 checksum stuff. (As I said before, I use Md5 Summer for this now)

Anyhow, glad to hear that you have been enjoying your vacations. Prague is a really cool town... Mysterious and picturesque. I was also there about the time that you were. (I was staying between the Stare Mesto and the old Jewish quarter)

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You might have unknowingly seen me staggering along the street, from strip club to strip club
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rij73
            • Apr 2004

These changes you mentioned for MMC sound completely awesome and would turn the MMC into my ideal music manager. Can you give an ETA on when this would be implemented and also when you will release the new default skin for dAP... (maybe just give us a screenshot???)

I used to use dAP with MMC for quite a long time, then changed to WMP9 for god knows what reason. Well, a year later I am back to dAP, but it sure would be exciting to see these major enhancements to the interface... After trying all the software out there, yours is definitely the best.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

ETA is difficult, it was hard coding those mods into Sveta Explorer, MMC will be even harder (more relies on the track in the display, if you mess the track listing the whole MMC needs to be looked at).

The new default dAP skin has sort of fallen to the side, I will pick it up before dAP makes the next release.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ToolNut
                • Jan 2003

I was wondering...this new skin....can it have a tab in the options so that within a given skin the clour can be changed? and if so a gradient type thing where you can go grom say white to blue or something be put in. i just hope that what i'm suggesting isnt stupid

Comment

• Hyrize
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                  It depends upon the Audio Type, all tags are written, but for an Ogg file, or FLAC file, if the file is playing when being edited in MMC then the tag cannot be updated. I need to add some sort of delayed tag writing.
                  or even just work it like winamp where there's the short gap as a new file with updated tag info is written and playback swapped to this file at the correct point. (sometimes the gap is un-noticeable, prehaps this could be completely eliminated with a buffer):smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>