title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

installing codecs for iPods

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

installing codecs for iPods

i downloaded the Shorten and Flac codecs to install on a 20 GB iPod so i can play those filetypes in the iPod. no clue what to do now, they are downloaded and sitting on my desktop, please help.

thanks
    max
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

the codecs are self installing. just double click to install to where you installed dbpoweramp. and the latest sveta to use with your ipod is in beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2454

Comment

• Unregistered

thanks so much for the fast and helpful response.

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

your welcome :D

Comment

• Unregistered

so i got the codec and sveta and it transfers the SHNs to the iPod and they show up on the iPod, but they don't play.

what am i missing? do i need to send something to the iPod first like some sort of codec?? ?

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Spoon might have to answer this one as i don't have an ipod.

as far as i know you upload the already converted file to your ipod. does it play any format currently?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Re: installing codecs for iPods

The main types of files an iPod can play are:

Mp3 & Mp4

It cannot play your Shorten or FLAC files, but all is not lost as Sveta knows about Shorten and FLACs and can convert them to the correct format just as they are being sent over. To do this, install the very latest Sveta from the link Razgo gave you, Run Sveta Explorer (Apple iPod icon on desktop) and click the 'Audio Button' in the top right side - next select the type of compression to use, I recommend mp4, you will have to install the mp4 codec from here:

Mp4 Codec for dBpowerAMP: encodes and decodes mp4 files. These files are 100% compatible with iPods and iTunes (correctly tagged). This new beta adds the ability to decode AAC-HE (think like mp3pro), low bitrate mp4 files. Currently only Nero can create such files. A genre tagging fix has been made, and that bug where the

If you have existing mp3 files, you can click on the 'Smart' button to set it up so these are not recompressed (no point), just sent.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>