title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I create a 'Work' tag when ripping?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haggis999
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2013

Can I create a 'Work' tag when ripping?

While I realise that the browsing, searching and selection processes for playing classical music will almost certainly be entirely dependent on metadata tags, I would still like to create a logical file system for storage of my FLAC files. My starting point for this is to design a suitable file and folder naming formula in dBpoweramp CD Ripper.

There are many possible naming schemes, one of which could be as follows,

C:\...\My Music\[album]\[composer]\[WORK]\[disc]-[track] [title].flac

e.g.
    C:\...\My Music\Cav & Pag + Opera Intermezzi\Mascagni\Cavalleria Rusticana\2-03 Finale: A voi tutti salute.flac
    C:\...\My Music\Cav & Pag + Opera Intermezzi\Leoncavallo\Pagliacci\2-08 Un grande spettacolo.flac
    C:\...\My Music\Cav & Pag + Opera Intermezzi\Giordano\Fedora\3-14 Intermezzo.flac

The only problem is that I cannot see any option to create a tag called Work and use this for folder naming. Is this something that can only be done after ripping? Note that I am trying to avoid inserting the work name into every track title.

David
  • haggis999
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2013

Re: Can I create a 'Work' tag when ripping?

I appear to have found a solution to my problem, by using the Comment tag as follows,

\[album]\[composer]\[tag]comment[]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

I also found that I could put different work titles (aka comments in this case) in different tracks by selecting a group of tracks before entering a value in the Comments box.

David
    Last edited by haggis999; 03-26-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>