title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Running Multiple Robots

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek_L
    • Feb 2013

Running Multiple Robots

Hello,

I know that it is possible to run multiple drives using the batch ripper, but is it possible to run multiple robots, such as the Primera Bravo 4102, from one computer?

Thank you for any assistance,

Derek
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Running Multiple Robots

I am 60% sure you can, with these models.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      I am 60% sure you can, with these models.
      As spoon indicated, some of the drivers he has written allow for multiple robots.

Whether two of the same manufacturer's robots can be used at the same time depends upon the maker/model and the SDK libraries provided. Based on my experience years ago using the baxter SDK, sometimes the documentation says one thing, and the reality is otherwise. So, for the specific case of two or more Primera Bravo 4102 units, my recommendation is that ... you'll have to try it out.

Here are my guidelines:
      In the general case of two robots *which use the same SDK-based drivers*, you will have to experiment to see if it works. E.g. two contemporary primera units or two nimbie units or two baxter units. The only caveat would be if someone else has posted already that it works.

In the general case of two robots *which don't use the same SDK-based drivers*, you will have no problem. E.g. one contemporary primera unit and one nimbie unit at the same time. Good to go.

For serial-port based robots based on my ulcli driver core such as the amtren/discmakers, primera composer and kodak kiosk (plus the larger mediatechnics and mf digital) robots, you will have no problems.

Of course the more robots/drives you have running in a batch, the more likely physical/robot/drive problems will cause you to have to abort the entire batch, and the more complicated your mid-batch recovery task might be.

Brendan

Comment

• Derek_L
        • Feb 2013

Thanks for the comments guys. Possible problems arising using robots with the same driver makes sense. I might end up trying it out to see how it goes. I'll post the results if I do. Thanks again.

Derek

Comment

Working...

]]>