title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playing files in DAP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • decrease
    • Aug 2003

Playing files in DAP

Hey i have just associated my mp3 and ape files with DAP! Unfortunately when i double click on a file in Windows explorer... all this does is activate it in DAP MMC rather than play it! EVEN worse when i double click a file that is already activated in MMC ... MMC no longer works and i have to completely remove dbpoweramp from my system... including ALL of the registry keys... b4 it works!!!!!!!

I WISH that when you double click a file would just play in dbpoweramp and none of this activating.... i would suggest that activating would be the 2nd function on the shell context menu

Thank you for your time and effort on this superb program! I will look forward to future realeases whether you decide to add this feature or not!

James
    Last edited by decrease; 08-23-2003, 11:40 PM.
  • decrease
    • Aug 2003

when the above happened i had already uninstalled dbpoweramp once!

However the shell menu had not gone this is what caused the above problem... i have now resolved the above by removing all keys (in regedit) refering to dbExplorerShell.exe then reinstalled dbpoweramp and it worked yay!!!

So all in all it would be good if the uninstall took out the registry keys relating to dbExplorerShell.exe this would aviod any screwy things happenin!!!

Thank you for your time and effort

James

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

There is an option in Configuration\File Types that sets what action a double click does.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>