Hi:

I'm just now evaluating DBPoweramp because I am getting into HD audio and it introduces new file formats.

Please tell me how to make the following use case work better within the tool.

-I have hundreds of Apple Lossless files I want to convert to FLAC in batch...
I set the filter to show only .m4a (this generates a list of AAC and ALAC). This takes 10 minutes to fill out a list of 8000 files.
Then I have to add an extended properties column to identify which are ALAC. Another 10 minutes and the app says not responding.
Only one of my 8 virtual cores shows high activity and is pegged. Unlike the actual conversion, this is strictly single threaded and is very slow and painful to me.

If Filter had an ALAC selection, it would greatly speed up this process--resulting in hundreds instead of thousands of files because it could single out the ALAC files from the AAC files.
If the batch converter would save my column settings, it would save several minutes so I didn't have to add the converter column to identify ALAC
If the converter were multithreaded, maybe it could generate the list and allow select/deselect all to work reasonably.

I may be going about this the wrong way, so let me know if there is an easier approach to what I'm trying to do. Otherwise, I think the above problems would be solved with better filtering and/or multithreading of the selection process itself.

Bannonb