title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

It is likely one of your tracks has a wrong sort tag, ie the sort tag set as 'Various Artists', this would lead to that entire artist being put under v.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wdavis009
      • May 2013

No issues with artwork, locating files, etc. However, none of my high resolution files will play. High resolution files play using minimServer, Playback, EyeConnect, etc. When attempting to play them with Asset Naim Uniti gives "Can't Play skipped track" message.

System
      Computer: Mac Mini with OS X 10.8.3 running Asset UPnP
      Renderer: Naim Uniti
      Music: iTunes library stored on external drive; 100% in AIFF 16 and 24 bit from 44,1 to 192 KHz.

Same problem occurs when using MacBook Pro with iTunes library on internal drive.

Comment

• amosh
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
        It is likely one of your tracks has a wrong sort tag, ie the sort tag set as 'Various Artists', this would lead to that entire artist being put under v.
        Thanks. On inspection I did have about 4 tracks out of 30000 with various artists in the sort artist. There were however far more artists in the "V" group than just the ones on those 4 tracks. On changing those and rescanning, nothing happened after the first couple of rescans. After a reboot of my iMac and some toggling of the Asset Sort settings, a week later the library had sorted itself out. I do have a large library but still I'm noticing with Asset beta more than once that some things seem to take a few days then sort themselves out long after I've given up trying to fix it.

On another subject, I noticed that 24 bit hdtracks in ALAC delivered by asset Mac beta with on the fly LPCM conversion don't sound quite as 'open' as the same track delivered to the player as a FLAC. Is there anything different in the conversion on asset beta or is this likely the streamer decoding itself causing the difference?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

There should be no difference on Assets end.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mikechadwick
            • Jun 2013

Installed Asset today on my iMac running OSX 10.8.4. Had no problems until I rebooted and now i'm getting a message that Safari can't connect to the server when I try and configure Asset. Just uninstalled and reinstalled ASset with the same result. Not sure what to do! The server address is coming up as: http://10.0.1.29:56276/config.
            thanks
            mike

Comment

• ccw4167
              • Jun 2013

Hi Spoon.

Am a newbie here. I just got myself a Naim Superuniti and am trying to get it to read my music library on my iMac.

I installed Asset UPnP for Mac then realised it did not read my playlists (keep asking for premium registration). So I went ahead and paid for premium registration only to realise (now after reading this thread) that the Mac Beta version of Asset does not support the premium registration. :(

So my questions are these:

1. I guess if I use Asset for Mac (for now) I can't read my playlists?
              2. Or I can use Asset with Crossover (only just found out I could do that) since I paid for premium registration. Will I be able to read my Itunes library playlists after that?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

1. Yes
                2. It should be able to, as long as Asset can access the files.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hifichip76
                  • Jul 2013

So I uninstalled Windows Asset and installed the MAc version. Got to the point where the page says restarting and rescanning library. It's been stuck there for about 11 hours. How do I fix it?

Comment

• hifichip76
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hifichip76
                    So I uninstalled Windows Asset and installed the MAc version. Got to the point where the page says restarting and rescanning library. It's been stuck there for about 11 hours. How do I fix it?
                    After quoting Asset and reconfiguring it, it seems to work but still refuses to play many of my Alac files. They show up as PCM, but the oppo skips a lot of them. I don't know why.

Should I configure Asset to transcode them to another format, besides PCM? But I don't want to lose the quality.

Why do these alac files play fine on my Apple TV?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• hifichip76
                      • Jul 2013

And now it seems that all Flac and 96/24 ALAC files are static, even if I set it to transcode to PCM

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Perhaps it is the 24 bit files the oppo cannot play. If you have enabled 24 bit and LPCM then the oppo cannot play those.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hifichip76
                          • Jul 2013

ok.I'll try disabling LPCM 24 bit. But how should I send 24 bit ALAC files to the Oppo? As WAV?

Comment

• mikechadwick
                            • Jun 2013

Having problem with connecting to server. It works for a day then I get the following message:
                            Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at xx.x.x.xx:53981.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
                            moments.
                            If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
                            connection.
                            If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
                            that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
                            the server address 53981 isn't constant - i've seen several different addresses - (currently trying to conect to xx.x.x.xx:51528).
                            really not sure how to deal with this - when it does work Asset upnp is by far the best server i've used!
                            thanks
                            mike

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

51528 is the port number, the xx.x.x.xx is the value shown by firefox?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mikechadwick
                                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
                                51528 is the port number, the xx.x.x.xx is the value shown by firefox?
                                yes, that's right

Comment

Working...

]]>