title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Update to REG version?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cienega32
    • Sep 2012

Update to REG version?

First, let me say, that I think this software is outstanding! I'm an old time user of AudioGrabber since the 1.5x days - clean, quick, simple. Fit all my basic needs for many years and I, admittedly, got into a usage rut. Recently, after a re-rip of my collection, I noticed a few new random skips, jumps, etc. Maybe drive related or a poppy LAME. Also the freeDB tags weren't always to my liking or lacking. Nevertheless, I've been running the trial of dBpoweramp ripper on a new W7x86 machine and I'm hooked! Besides the obvious pluses of things like AccurateRip, the multiple tag sources and the use of Logic in the filename saving were an instant Bingo for me.

My questions - when I install the registered version, is a simple overwrite the way to go? I've been spending time setting it up and applying a lot of filename logic and don't want to lose my progress. If there is a conflict, is there a way to export/import settings/configs?

I haven't looked into it but is there a way to manually submit any edited meta info to any/all of the metadata providers?

In the filename dialogue window - any way to expand the width to accommodate a long algorithm?

TIA
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Update to REG version?

Uninstall the existing version, install the registered version, no settings are lost.

There is a submit option on the metadrop menu to submit to freedb.

For the naming window, you can copy and paste from Notepad to get your algorithm correct.
    Last edited by Spoon; 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cienega32
      • Sep 2012

Re: Update to REG version?

Excellent! Done and done! No problems.

The submit, I didn't notice that it's focused after an edit of the metadata.

In the naming window, copy & paste of the Logic takes away from the great feature of displaying the results example in "real time". That's a great visual to have, BTW! Nice touch.

At any rate, updated and running with no issues. Thank you much!

Comment

Working...

]]>