title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

local cache size

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smisk
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2009

local cache size

for the ripping utility, i would like to be able to specify the size of the local cache for metadata and albumart (would be quite happy to dedicate 1gb discspace to the cache)

in the reference version, i would like to specify where this cache resides (i want it on my server) and have multiple clients access it concurrently.

specific scenario: i would like to use my workstation to enter/review metadata for the next album to rip while my ripping machine is chewing away on the current disc. (should probably require drives on both machines to be accuraterip verified with offset, this is not a problem for 99% of the professional/reference users)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: local cache size

That cache is not designed to be shared between programs, or grow huge (upto 1GB) it is a short time cache.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smisk
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2009

Re: local cache size

Ok would be nice to increase its size/days remembered though. Lately, I sometimes find myself re-repping discs that I ripped some 2-3 weeks ago, either because of playing with different ripping options or because something went wrong with the first rip (dirty disk or so).

In connection with this, it would be nice to have the option of matching up the locally cached data with a refreshed PerfectMeta review.

Comment

Working...

]]>