title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Re-rip tracks or an album without loosing previous ID Tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ClassYK
    • Apr 2012

Re-rip tracks or an album without loosing previous ID Tags

After having ripped and adapted every tag individually for 550 albums of classical music, I discovered that I had unfortunately done this in burst mode instead of secure mode. So, I used Batch Converter to enumerate all the tracks containing Acuraterip 'warning', 'inacurate', 'insecure' and 'error'. This amounts to 62 albums to be re-ripped in secure mode. I'm half way through and almost all albums re-rip correctly. (Question: why is secure mode not selected by default?)

The real problem is not the time it takes to re-rip, but it is the time it takes to redo (actually line-by-line copy/paste from the original files) the tag info that I had modified in the initial rip.
    I dream of a function in dbPA that would instruct the application to get the tags of a freshly inserted CD not from the usual external sources, but from the existing filename location and put that content back into the main window of the ripper.

I'm positively sure that I'm not alone with my dream...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Re-rip tracks or an album without loosing previous ID Tags

In about 4 weeks we release a tool which can check your ripped tracks against AccurateRip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ClassYK
      • Apr 2012

Re: Re-rip tracks or an album without loosing previous ID Tags

OK, great but this triggers the following questions:

1) how different is it from "batch converter, select a music folder, click list then switch on the accurate rip result column, then sort on that column" that you advised me to carry out some time ago?
      2) Is just check or check and modify?
      3) and most importantly, will it preserve the existing tags?

Comment

Working...

]]>